As a Data Engineer this person will operate in the role of the Enterprise Data Steward. This position maintains the accruacy and quality of the data located within the platform. This is a technical position that acts as lynch-pin for the entire organization of analysts and data scientists.
- Design and develop highly performant Python and SQL to ingest batch and streaming data into the platform.
- Create and manage efficient data flows with appropriate metrics to ensure data accuracy and correctness in the data lake and the data warehouse.
- Develop, maintain and test data systems and architectures with automation and appropriate quality assurance practices.
- Analyze and convert functional requirements into concrete technical tasks and provide reasonable effort estimates
- Identify and communicate new data needs effectively to the leadership team.
- Support other members of the team with the ability to explain methodologies and assist in development.
- Look for ways to continuously audit and improve the process.
- Minimum: Bachelor’s: Computer Science, business, statistics, information sciences, healthcare, design, engineering
- 3+ years of industry experience in software development.
- Significant background with SQL and Python is required.
- Background with ETL and database design is required.
- Healthcare experience preferred but not required.
- Background of MapReduce or Spark is a plus.
- Competency or certification in AWS is a plus
Atlantic Health System aims to deliver the highest quality, safety and care combined the best experience for our patients and their families. We are confident that you will find success within Atlantic Health System, which has been named for the 12th year in a row to Fortune’s “Top 100 Best U.S. Companies to Work For” list. We believe you will find that our culture of collaboration and care exemplifies the value we place on our patients, their families and our employees.
Atlantic Health System, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and therefore abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment, on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, or veteran status.