Location – Northampton
Purpose of the role
The Data acquisition team is key part of the People Analytics team providing a number of enabling services. As a Data Analyst you will be involved in the collection and analysis of data from a range of sources, systems both within and external to HR. Working alongside the Data Scientists, Business Translators in squads you will to provide analytics and insight to the HR Function and wider business. The successful candidate will be able to translate data into meaningful findings that tell a story and recommend data driven solutions. You will be comfortable interrogating and manipulating large data sets and be able to work with often undefined problems
- Data Analysis – Use a variety of tools and statistical functions to blend, transform, analyse and visualise the data from HR transactional systems and related data sources to identify points of interest and recommend data driven solutions
- Data Provision – Extract data from transactional systems using a number of different technical solutions, and align this Information with other data sources
- Data Consultancy – Provide advice and insight about the quality, availability and location of data in the HR transactional systems to support the use of this data in People Analytics strategic systems, reports, and Analytics projects.
- Analytics Squads – work within the multidisciplinary teams including data engineers, data scientists, product managers, agile delivery managers, to scope, plan and deliver data driven insight
- Data Accuracy – provide a key role in ensuring that the HRMI outputs accurately reflect the source systems
- Understand and adhere to the Barclays and People Analytics team governance and control policies, particularly in relation to data storage, data privacy, and delivery
- Reviewing new account applications and applying internal policies and procedures and local regulatory requirements to ascertain whether additional information is required to enable sign off
- Receiving Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) from employees and, as appropriate evaluating, investigating, and submitting external SARS appropriately and in a timely manner
What we’re looking for:
- Proven experience in the analysis of data sources and the presentation of information, ideally a Back ground in MI and reporting projects
- Comfortable using SQL scripts to extract, analyse and present data with experience of relational databases (e.g., MySql, Teradata, Oracle)
- Experience of data visualisation using a point and click technology (e.g. Tableau or QlikView) or Excel VBA.
- Comfortable in the use and explanation of data to colleagues and stakeholders
- Ability to multitask to work on multiple work-streams, ensuring consistency across the delivery, and experience coordinating multiple or clashing priorities
- Strong mathematical / statistical skills
- Effectively stakeholder management
- Be keen to constantly learn and try new things
- Knowledge of HR data, and ideally experience of extracting information from HR Transactional systems
- Experience of report design in Business Objects Web Intelligence
- Knowledge of R and / or Python for data manipulation
- Experience of working with structured and unstructured data sources
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.