Data Scientist – Data & Advanced Analytics EMEA
Our team in Amsterdam currently has an opening for a Data Scientist – Data & Advanced Analytics EMEA
YOUR ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
We are Brenntag – the world’s largest chemical distributor. We began our digital transformation journey in 2017, with the aim of helping our customers access our products and services online, anywhere, anytime.
DigiB – our talented Digital Sales Solutions Team – unites software development and digital marketing professionals, alongside chemical industry experts. Our next journey demands that we put ‘DATA” as key and core to everything that we do. We require talented individuals to join us for this next part of our journey.
As part of a global organisation, our team works on large-scale projects that allow us to make an impact, experiment and learn every day. Does this sound like you? Read on to find out more about Data Scientist role with our Data & Analytics team at DigiB in Netherlands!
In this role you will:
- Developing and validating statistical and ML models
- Designing algorithms that support business decision making (leveraging the statistical/machine learning models)
- Contributing to translation of business problems into data insights and data science solutions
- Validating business hypotheses with data insights and statistics
- Cleaning and validating data for analytics
- Optimising model performance based on business feedback
- Developing and maintaining standards for Data Science
- Complement Product Owners in managing Data Science and Machine Learning Projects by working very closely him/her constantly feeding back updates and progress, raising critical impediments, risks, issues and changes associated with projects pre and post implementation
- Assisting in providing input to strategic priorities for the Data and Advanced Analytics team
- Provide critical thinking to look at numbers, trends, and data and arrive at conclusions based on findings.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Masters, PhD or equivalent in quantitive field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics Etc)
- More than 5 yrs in Data Science capacity experience
- Python/R and SQL programming skills
- Statistical modelling & data mining experience
- Cloud architecture (AWS, Azure) experience
- Experience in data science scale and operational concepts (eg MLOps Life cycle)
- Experience in AGILE Methodology and way of working
- Experience working in a start-up style environment
- Strong communication and consulting skills (presentation, facilitation skills) with organisational sensitivity
- Excellent analytical, conceptual thinking and problem-solving skills
- Business domain knowledge is preferred
- Experience in matrix organisation set-up with cross-border reporting lines
Behavioural and mindset:
- Strong client- and impact-focused mindset
- A passion for data, AI and machine learning
- A team focused individual
- Pro-active and focused on results with strong sense of responsibility and accountability
- Ability to work, interact and collaborate in a fast-paced environment and cross functions of a large organisation
- A can-do attitude, with curiosity and eagerness to learn
- A growth mindset
- Ability to do, deliver and lead
We look forward receiving your application.