We are looking for a Data Engineer to join the team, to work directly with client and internal team members to:
- Create, prepare, and maintain databases and tables to power reports, dashboards, predictive models, and downstream analysis.
- Plan, create, and fine-tune data pipelines and automation workflows.
- Design and build data infrastructure that enables actionable insights used to optimize digital marketing performance such as online advertising, social media marketing, websites, and mobile experiences.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Develop processes and procedures for ingesting data from disparate sources.
- Build and maintain database architecture, including fine tuning and optimizing queries, data pipelines, and automation workflows.
- Create and maintain customized SQL queries to build reporting data structures.
- Develop and implement data models necessary to build analytic solutions as defined by stakeholder requirements.
- Validate data to determine and document any gaps between available data and requirements for reporting outputs and downstream analysis.
- Manage multiple client requests and detailed project activities at any one time to ensure accurate, timely and efficient reporting and analysis deliverables.
SQL skills are critical for this Data Engineer role. Consideration will be given to qualified candidates with varying levels of experience, with compensation commensurate with experience.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Working knowledge in at least one of the following scripting languages: Python, Bash, Java, Scala, R, Perl, Node.js
- Linux command line
- Advanced SQL
- Working with a leading analytics or relational database system, such as Redshift, Vertica, BigQuery, PostgreSQL, or MySQL
- Working with AWS cloud-based data solutions and tools such as S3, Athena, Glue, and Spectrum
- Working with other cloud-based data solutions such as Snowflake, Azure, or Google Cloud
- Working in big data solutions such as Hadoop, Hive, or Spark
- Using change release processes and tools such as git
- Developing and implementing data transformation via ETL processes and data pipelines
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, Marketing, or a related discipline
OTHER EXPERIENCE THAT IS HELPFUL, BUT NOT REQUIRED
- Working knowledge in any of the following database systems will be a plus: NoSQL, Mongo DB, Couch DB
- Working with clickstream web analytics tools such Adobe Analytics (Omniture SiteCatalyst), Google Analytics, or working knowledge of the field of web analytics
- Knowledge of commonly-used digital metrics, analytic concepts, and online marketing channel best practices
- Working with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Google Data Studio, or Power BI
- Knowledge of business intelligence methodologies and tools
- Proficiency in spreadsheet and presentation technologies such as Excel, PowerPoint, or Google Docs
- Creating and preparing databases and tables for predictive modeling and data science applications
Evolytics is evolving analytics by inspiring people to use data in ways that make a positive difference in the world. With a focus on optimizing consumer experiences and strengthening business growth, Evolytics works with world-class brands to support data initiatives that span the data lifecycle.
What’s it like to work at Evolytics? It’s being challenged by your analytics-passionate co-workers to push the envelope. It’s constantly learning and sharpening your skill set. It’s working toward that next “aha” moment with a client when you deliver a fantastic data-derived golden nugget. It’s having a blast with the team while you perfect your craft and get to do work you love.
- Relaxed work environment: casual dress code, pool/ping pong table, treadmill desks
- Collaboration-oriented office space with plenty of room for working sessions or potlucks
- Awesome team building events like a day at the Royals game or mini-golf with margaritas
- Food…weekly lunches, daily snacks, fruits, beverages, unlimited coffee
- Learning opportunities: company-provided training, conferences and super-smart co-workers
- Competitive Benefits Package including Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Great Compensation Package with Paid Time Off, Performance Bonuses and IRA Matching Contributions
- Opportunity to work alongside amazingly fun people who are passionate about delivering awesome in everything they do.
- Fortune’s Best Small and Medium Workplaces in 2020: #25 in US
- Honored for Best Places to Work in 2020 by the Kansas City Business Journal
- Recognized as a Great Place to Work in 2020
- Voted Coolest Office Space (Small Business) by the Kansas City Business Journal
- Named Top Analytics Agency by the Digital Analytics Association in 2018 and again in 2020
Awesome people make powerful teams. Let’s do great things together!