At Singtel, we believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers. We strive to ensure all our people practices are non-discriminatory and provide a fair, performance-based work culture that is diverse, inclusive and collaborative.
Join us and experience what it’s like to be with an Employer of Choice*. Together, let’s create a brighter digital future for all. *Awarded at the HR Fest Awards 2020.Be a Part of Something BIG!
Singtel Group IT team, deliver the right technologies and innovative capabilities. We ignite our digital future together as we deliver innovative technologies and capabilities in partnership with our business stakeholders, customers, our partners and each other. We want to deliver solutions that enable inspiration, education, optimism, and connections, allowing people to work smarter as they pioneer, entertain, learn, and dream.
This role will be responsible to design and deliver data engineering products, solutions, data pipelines and run operations.
We are committed to celebrating inclusion and diversity and is a strong believer to upskill and nurture all individuals. Come join us today as we build our team, and Empower Every Generation to live, work and play in new ways!Make An Impact By
Skills For Success
- Design, develop and automate large scale, high-performance distributed data pipelines (batch and/or real-time streaming) that meet both functional and non-functional requirements
- Deliver high level & detailed design to ensure that the solution meet business requirements and align to the data architecture principles and technology stacks
- Partner with business domain experts, data scientists, and solution designers to identify relevant data-assets, domain data model and data solutions. Collaborate with product data engineers to coordinate backlog feature development of data pipelines patterns and capabilities
- Drive Modern Data Platform operations using Data Ops, ensure data quality, monitoring the data system. Also support Data science MLOps platform
- Drive and deliver industry standard Devops (CI/CD) best practices, automate development and release management
- Support and contribute to data pipeline documentations, development guidelines & standards for data-pipeline, data model and layer design
Your Career Growth Starts Here. Apply Now!
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Business Analytics or equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Data Engineering, Data Lake Infrastructure, Data Warehousing, Data Analytics tools or related, in design and developing of end-to-end scalable data pipelines and data products
- Experience in building and operating large and robust distributed data lakes (multiple PBs) and deploying high performance with reliable system with monitoring and logging practices
- Experience in designing and building data pipelines using some of the most scalable and resilient opensource big data technologies; Spark, Delta-Lake, Kafka, Airflow and related distributed data processing
- Build and deploy high performance modern data engineering & automation frameworks using programming languages such as Scala/Python and automate the big data workflows such as ingestion, aggregation, ETL processing etc
- Good understanding of data modeling and highend design, data engineering / software engineering best practices - include handling and logging errors, monitoring the system, fault-tolerant pipelines, data quality and ensuring a deterministic pipeline with DataOps
- Excellent experience in using ANSI SQL for relational databases like – Postgres, MySql, Oracle and knowledge of Advanced SQL on distributed analytics
- Experience working in Telco Data Warehouse and / or Data Lake engines – Databricks SQL, Snowflake, etc
- Proficiency programming languages like Scala, Python, Java, or scripting languages like Bash
- Experience on cloud systems like AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform o Cloud data engineering experience in at least one cloud (Azure, AWS, GCP) o Experience with Databrick (Cloud Data Lakehouse)
- Experience on Hadoop stack: HDFS, Yarn, Hive, HBase, Cloudera, Hortonworks
- Build and deploy using CI/CD toolkits
We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for our employees & customers and will require all prospective employees to be fully vaccinated.
Hiring Manager: Singh Pravin Kumar
Talent Acquisition Manager: Ching Yap