About Laing O’Rourke
Laing O’Rourke is a $6 billion international operation with over 50 years of involvement in Australian construction and infrastructure including more than a decade under the Laing O’Rourke banner. We are currently delivering some of Australia’s most exciting projects across the transport, building construction, defence, airports, mining, civil and social infrastructure sectors. Laing O’Rourke is committed to becoming the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry. Laing O’Rourke is proud to hold the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Citation - Employer of Choice for Gender Equality.
About the role
We are currently seeking a Data Analyst to join our IT team in the Brisbane office This permanent role offers great career prospects with a privately-owned tier 1 constructor and international engineering enterprise.
Reporting into the Global Head of Data Science and Analysis, you will partner with the HR Function to review and establish agreed metrics, reports and dashboards to enable progressive and innovative data-driven business decisions.
- Support the business to increase performance through data mining and analysis
- Develop automated reporting and dashboards to lead data driven decision making.
- Review existing data sources and outputs and identify areas of improvement for processes and data, to promote consistency across reporting, efficiencies and automation
- Work closely with the business to ensure the validity of the data analysis and insights being extracted
- Analyse large and small datasets to draw valid inferences and present them to management
- Coach and upskill the Human Resources Team to leverage data and technology to create accurate alignment of metrics, more efficient reporting and analytical processes
- You have experience in applying your analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- You have worked with HR datasets and HRIS systems and have a thorough understanding of HR business processes and analysing and interpreting people data
- You have experience working with self-service business intelligence tools and are able to develop automated data models, dashboards, reports
- You are solutions focussed and can communicate technical solutions in a confident and effective manner
We work hard to create an environment that brings out the best in our people. We believe in building careers through providing a safe, connected and innovative culture that supports ongoing growth and development. We offer industry-leading benefits such as specialised learning and development programs, a mental health and wellbeing program, industry leading paid parental leave policy, family friendly work practices, additional purchased leave option and coaching programs for staff on parental leave.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diverse society in which we live and work. We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work arrangements and family friendly work practices to enable and maintain a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce.
As a proud RAP organisation, Laing O'Rourke is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. Download our Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan at www.laingorourke.com
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.