TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul, and Tokyo.
TikTok is seeking a Data Analyst to join the North American PSO team, who will focus on leading analytics efforts with a cross functional team to improve our product experience as well as contextualizing data with research and advanced analysis to improve operational performance. The Data Analyst will work closely with the North American PSO team, Sales Strategy and Data Scientists to effectively organize and distill data, ask appropriate questions to understand hypotheses and requests, and visualize and present complex data in a compelling manner to an Executive audience.
Key responsibilities include developing metrics reporting, surfacing actionable insights from our data, scoping the quantitative impact of potential opportunities, and identifying opportunities to improve product quality and product data operations workforce on our platform. Strong communication and experiences required to work with cross-functional teams (e.g. Product, Eng. DS and PM. etc.).
The Candidate will be curious and inquisitive, have strong critical thinking and analytical skills, will thrive managing concurrent projects while working with a cross functional team to drive outcomes and will enjoy informing and influencing stakeholders with data and insights. The candidate will also have the ability to build strong partnerships to drive impact across the organization.
- Develop and manage end-to-end analytics solutions from requirements gathering, establish key metrics, build data pipeline, dashboard, and analyze data to drive the performance of our operations
- Apply quantitative expertise to mine massive amounts of data and extract impactful insights that influence the strategy for the PSO team.
- Cultivate relationships and collaborate with cross-functional partners to shape, support, and execute product goals. Identify and share insights and learnings to develop scalable solutions
- Manage complex cross-functional data and metrics projects and programs in a matrix organization covering a range of areas
- Influence what to build in the next roadmap, understand ecosystems, and long-term trends, identify new levers to move key metrics
- 3+ years of experience working with SQL or other querying languages
- 2+ years of experience with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Experience manipulating large data sets through object oriented programming (ex: Python), statistical software (R) or other methods
- Experience initiating and driving projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Experience having effective conversations with clients about their support needs and requirements, managing the intake process, and asking the right questions to scope and solve the requests
- Demonstrate judgment and discretion when dealing with highly sensitive people data and business issues
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and demanding work environment
- Experience with a scripting language (Python, R, Perl, etc.)
- Experience using languages and packages such as R, Pandas, MATLAB, SPSS, SAS, Stata, etc.
- Knowledge of statistics (e.g., hypothesis testing, regressions)
- Experience with large data sets and distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop)
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We believe individuals shouldn't be disadvantaged because of their background or identity, but instead should be considered based on their strengths and experience. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to us at USRC@tiktok.com