The job has been reposted to reflect the updated Covid-19 vaccination requirement policy. Original REQ 3999.
George Brown College is located on the traditional territory of the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation and other Indigenous peoples who have lived here over time. We are grateful to share this land as treaty people who learn, work, and live in the community with each other.
At George Brown College, we have established a reputation for equipping our students with the skills, industry experience and credentials to pursue the careers of their choice. As employees, we are committed to creating an enriching learning community for our students, delivering excellence in what we do, holding ourselves accountable for our work and demonstrating diversity and respect for one another.
What responsibilities will you have in this role?
The Academic Quality Data Analyst principally supports the Office of Academic Excellence (OAE) team’s area of responsibility, including new program development, curriculum development and renewal, program review, academic policy and the 5-year College Quality Assurance Audit Process (CQAAP).
- Assists in the development of appropriate research methodology and implementation of research activities (surveys, focus groups, secondary research).
- Working in teams, identifies data analysis requirements for any given project, determines the most relevant variables for each decision-making scenario and participates in the decision with respect to the research methodology being considered.
- Uses statistical methods to analyze data to provide insights for data quality reports.
Identifies potential problem areas with proposed data collection, entry, analysis, testing, methodologies, and develops approaches to address these prior to data collection.
- Executes User Acceptance Tests (UAT) activities to validate analytics reports, checking for data accuracy and usability.
Collects business requirements from end users to create new data quality visualizations as required.
- Supports the design, analysis, implementation, and training of the data quality dashboard using appropriate software including Banner, PowerBI/Tableau, Excel/SPSS and PowerPoint.
- Provides training to end-users on features of the existing Power BI reports and acts as a technical expert and support on academic quality systems.
- Creates, maintains, and manipulates academic quality data to transform data into configurations suitable for reporting and presentations, adhering to all proper procedures for handling confidential data.
- Supports the curriculum development and renewal team, by gathering curriculum data and mapping reports, conducting course outline quality reviews/analysis reports and presentations and providing curriculum workshop facilitation support, and updating vocational outcomes and other curriculum-related communications
- Oversees the data collection and gathers internal feedback on enhancements to the Course Outline Management and Mapping (COMMs) system.
- Designs and data mines curriculum data in support of academic quality findings and objectives, including pathways and gap analyses for GBC credentials.
- Uses Smartsheet software to track and monitor multiple quality projects (related to new program approvals, annual quality reviews, program quality reviews, strategy, student appeals) across the academic quality area.
- Supports the submission of annual, comprehensive and program quality self-assessments (PQSAs), degree consent renewals and the College Quality Assurance Audit Process, ensuring they are compiled and submitted to Ontario College
- Quality Assurance Service, the Post-Secondary Education Quality Assessment Branch and/or the Ministry of Colleges and Universities
- Works with the webteam to ensure that reports, policies, and quality guidelines are posted on the college’s intranet site in accessible formats.
- Proofreads and edits program review reports and provide feedback to program reviewers on clarity and consistency across reports.
- Supports the OAE Management Team by monitoring AE financial records, completing expense and budget transfers/add-ons, providing guidance and oversight for travel coordination and expense claim submission, credit card expense reconciliation (Concur)
- Liaises with Human Resources for coordination of recruitment, interviewing, and hiring processes. Coordinates the creation of new contracts in Cornerstone and supports the onboarding of new staff.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What qualifications do you need for this role?
- Three-year degree in a research-related field covering research methodology and statistics (e.g. Psychology, Statistics, Mathematics, Business, or related sciences). Information Technology and/or Business Analysis Advanced Diploma or Degree.
- Must hold Data Visualization Certification and emphasis on data analysis, visualization, integration with CRMs and visualization applications.
- Minimum five years experience in a research environment (research methodology, statistical analysis, needs assessment and report writing), including practical experience in supporting quantitative and qualitative research projects.
- Experience working in education, or related fields supporting external promotion, communication, customer service, data processes, research, analytics, business intelligence, leading operational process mapping and process implementation.
- Proven experience and expertise with mining data from large databases, specifically large Student Information Systems, e.g. Banner.
- Proficient in data and trend research using Power BI or other related software, including data analyzing, visualization, presentation using Tableau, Access, Visio, Pardot or related software.
- Strong technical knowledge of Excel, Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS) or database software.
- Demonstrated experience with training and guiding others.
- Ability to work in an environment where a diversity of people and situations are regularly encountered
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills, ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated commitment in delivering excellent service to others as this is key in supporting the success of our students and our College.
- Strong communication, collaboration, teamwork, and people skills.
- Flexibility in adapting to change and in participating in consultative decision-making processes.
Hours of Work: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Interview process may consist of a practical skills component.
- If you are a George Brown College employee, click here to apply via our internal site.
- If you are an external candidate, go to www.georgebrown.ca and click on the “Employment at George Brown” link or click on the ‘apply’ button to the left of the posted job to apply.
- Please ensure your resume highlights all relevant education, training and experience that are applicable to the minimum qualifications for this role.
- The College requires proof of degrees, credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post-secondary institutions and/or their international equivalents. Credentials may require validation at the time of interviews.
Closing: Open until filled - Now reviewing external applicants.
George Brown College is committed to creating and sustaining an equitable and inclusive learning and working environment. We encourage and actively seek applications from Indigenous, Black, racialized people, visible minorities, 2SLGBTQIA+ persons, all genders, and persons with disabilities. George Brown College is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources representative responsible for the recruitment for this position will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process. Candidates who require accommodation in the interview process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org and all information received will be addressed confidentially.
As a unionized workplace, we support our internal employees by providing first consideration to qualified applications as set out in the Collective Agreement.
For information on George Brown College, please visit our website at www.georgebrown.ca.