You’ve got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we’re committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you’ll join our extensive network of industry leading consultants providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services. As a member of KPMG Canada’s cross-functional Cyber team, you will be dedicated to enabling our clients' cyber transformation journey through service delivery leadership, advisory, and support.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there’s no limit to the impact you can make.
Overview of the opportunity:
As a Resource Management Data Analyst, you have a passion for excellence, driven to achieve your full potential and understand the value of building relationships with clients, future clients, their communities, the global firm and each other. You demonstrate a strong work ethic, thrive on challenges and dedicated to provide outstanding client service.
At KPMG we are a virtual first work environment; however, this role is required to be located in Toronto, ON. The team looks forward to representing KPMG and growing our practice locally through industry events and client meetings when safe to do so.
What you will do:
As the Resource Management Data Analyst, you will support the Resource Management Team and Partners with analyzing requirements to develop impactful recommendations and solutions.
Work closely with the Resource Management team in understanding key business issues.
- Utilize advanced analytical technics to solve challenging business problems. Leverage a diverse set of technologies and tools to deliver insights.
- Work with large volumes of data (structured and unstructured).
- Run queries for descriptive analytics and provide formatted result sets.
- Proactively contribute to the creation of presentation materials relating to data activities for stakeholder discussions.
- Create and maintain interactive data visualization through data interpretation and analyses, integrating various reporting components from multiple data sources
- Bridge the gap between technical platform needs and business issues.
- Support and enhance of existing reports and dashboards based on evolving business needs
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data wrangling techniques
- Support ad-hoc analyses with decision-grade quality
- Support the staffing and utilization efforts by developing reports for Resource Manager, and other leaders (e.g. Performance Managers, Engagement Mangers, Partners) to make staffing recommendations and decisions
- Leveraging opportunities for staff development, e.g. growth in areas of key industries and hot market skills
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this.
What you bring to this role:
- Strong experience of 1-3 years, working with data from a variety of databases.
- Independent ability to review the data quality and data definitions and perform data cleansing and data management tasks.
- Strong knowledge and/or experience in the following: SQL, BI tools (like Tableau and PowerBI) and Alteryx.
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team to tack unstructured data processing problems across a diverse range of industries.
- Certificate or degree in Computing or IT, with a focus on Business Systems Analysis, Data Analysis and Reporting, or similar, is an asset.
- Must have strong computer skills, particularly with MS Excel and PowerPoint Skills (e.g. data entry and manipulation, downloading of reports, and developing/running of macros);
Keys to your success:
- Ability to explain data and analytics concepts to non-technical team members.
- Ability to apply data and analytics concepts to business problems.
- Ability to understand and explain business value of data and analytics concepts
- Strong relationship-building skills to interact with clients, colleagues, and the wider community.
- Ability to provide crucial consultation, analysis, and recommendations on a broad range of projects in a deadline drive environment with ambiguity.
- Effectively work as part of a project team, and communicate findings of analysis, key implications, and recommendations in written and verbal formats.
Our Values, The KPMG Way:
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG is committed to the health and safety of our people, clients and communities. With this commitment in mind, KPMG complies with all public health mandates (provincially and/or federally, as applicable) and has implemented various safety measures, including a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. KPMG's COVID 19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated if they wish to or are required to attend a KPMG office and/or other congregate settings in the course of their duties (such as client sites or third-party venues).
As this role requires occasional or consistent attendance at a KPMG office and/or congregate setting, the successful candidate must be fully vaccinated (i.e. have received all doses that are recommended by Health Canada, including any boosters) and must provide KPMG with proof of vaccination. KPMG will provide reasonable accommodation if the successful candidate cannot be vaccinated due to grounds protected by human rights legislation in their province of employment.
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com or phone: 416-777-8002
or toll free 1-888-466-4778.