We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment company with over 23 million customers across seven countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Data Technology & Operations team.
As a valued employee, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. What’s more, you’ll also have access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. As if that’s not enough, our Scotland offices offer a variety of other perks including subsidised canteen, free shuttle bus service, on-site gym and much more to make your experience with us even more enjoyable.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.The Data Technology & Analytics department is responsible for sourcing data from internal and external systems and integrating it to provide analytics-ready data and reporting at scale.
The Data Engineering teamwork within DTA to build the technology solutions across three key functions – technical analysis, development and test.As a development focused Senior Data Engineer with a desire to drive processes forward, the confidence to see, seize and own challenges; you’ll deliver excellent technical solutions leveraging our cloud platform in an agile manner that will meet the business requirements of our stakeholders.You Will:
- Work as a key member within a squad – understand and contribute to the agile delivery process and take ownership for your team’s software quality from concept to production
- Drive forward the production of reusable code and modules where appropriate with a view to maximising effort and reducing development costs by applying principles of Agile delivery
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve and rationalise applications and processes across all squads within the DTA team, working in close collaboration with other team members and subject matter experts
- Actively document, record and share knowledge of our systems
- Continuously implement, promote and improve our ways of working, defining best practice, frameworks and processes
- Provide accurate estimates and domain knowledge, highlight risks and challenge assumptions
- Support and deputise for the Data Engineering Manager when required
- Mentor developers and colleagues
In addition, as a data engineer you will be able to flex into analysis or testing if required and will have opportunity to move between squads.You’ll have:Expert knowledge of the full software development lifecycle including IaC, TDD and CI/CD
- In depth understanding of large-scale data and data warehouses along with the best practice and principles of managing them
- Self-motivator with energy and drive for continuous improvement and a focus on delivering results
- Proven ability to influence technical decisions in a fast-moving commercial environment
- In depth cloud experience, in-particular on Google Cloud Platform is highly desirable
- Excellent data modelling and analytical SQL skills along with a thorough understanding of RDMS, MPP and BigData systems
- Proven development skills in at least three of the following: GCP, Netezza, Unix scripting, Python, Java or other object-oriented programming language
- Experience of SOP/SOA and services-based data solutions, would be advantageous
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today.