C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. With $28 billion in freight under management and 2.5X larger than the next largest North American freight broker, we are one of the world’s largest logistics platforms with our 100,00 customers and 85,000 contract carriers. Our global suite of services accelerates trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. Our technology is built by and for supply chain experts to bring faster, more meaningful improvements to our customers’ businesses.
As a Sr. Data Analyst with the Custom Solutions team, you will leverage your business and technical knowledge to develop new and innovative analytical solutions. In this role you will be accountable for creating custom analytical solutions for our internal and external stakeholders. Additionally, you may conduct exploratory work pertaining to upcoming and/or ongoing product development for the North American Surface Trans (NAST) division.
C.H. Robinson recognizes the importance of workplace flexibility. We are committed to providing a remote-friendly work environment, both now and in the future. Our global technology teams will continue to have the flexibility that enables you to work where you are most effective, whether that be remote or in the office.
- Extracts and interprets data to answer ambiguous questions while working directly with the business
- Determines reporting and additional analysis to support initiatives and measurement
- Proactively analyzes topics, identifies, and creates recommendations supported by facts to change behaviors, including specific operational improvements to the team and the business in general
- Perform quality assurance testing of reports and dashboards
- Outreach/Network connectivity
- Consults with internal and external analytical users on current products in the NAST landscape
- Networks by building relationships and consulting to bring solutions to life
- Collaborates with internal analytical teams to develop predictive solutions in tandem
- Comfortable working autonomously, but willing seeks guidance
- A willing mentor to more junior staff, that also responds positively to feedback from leaders and colleagues
- Understands existing reports, and develops additional custom reports using business knowledge
- Influences on other reports being built, may be a SME to help guide new report creation
- 3+ years’ previous analytics experience developing business solutions using comprehensive, robust data assets
- 3+ years’ experience with T-SQL
- 3+ years’ experience with Microsoft Power BI or similar products
- 3+ years’ experience with Microsoft Excel
- Intermediate knowledge of a programming language such as Python and/or R
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience and a high school diploma/GED
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Experience in the logistics industry a plus
- Expert proficiency creating reports using Microsoft Power BI
- Expert proficiency of a programming language such as Python and/or R
- Experience creating web visualizations using open-source software (R Shiny/Plotly Dash)
- Experience leveraging statistical methodologies to deliver actionable insights
- Experience mentoring junior and/or peer analysts
The compensation range for this position is based on experience and location. We support you as your grow your career. Our career paths offer the potential for internal promotion - both horizontally and vertically.
Annual Salary: $64,600.00 - $129,100.00
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Your Health, Wealth and Self
Your total wellbeing is the foundation of our business, and our benefits support your financial, family and personal goals. We provide the top-tier benefits that matter to you most, including:
Two medical plans (including a High Deductible Health Plan)
Prescription drug coverage
Enhanced Fertility benefits
Flexible Spending Accounts
Health Savings Account (including employer contribution)
Dental and Vision
Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Paid and floating holidays
Paid time off (PTO)
Paid parental leave
Paid time off to volunteer in your community
Charitable Giving Match Program
401(k) with 6% company matching
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Plus a broad range of career development, networking, and team-building opportunities
Dig in to our full list of benefits on OUR CULTURE page.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 19 million shipments annually for 105,000 customers, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.