Runway is a research company pioneering new tools for human imagination. Runway has been at the forefront of multi-modal AI systems ensuring that the future of content creation is accessible, controllable and empowering for creatives. Runway’s mission is to ensure that anyone anywhere can tell their stories. We believe that deep learning techniques applied to audiovisual content will forever change art, creativity, and design tools.
Runway is leading a shift to generative media that is unlocking an unprecedented level of creative potential. The invention of the camera 200 years ago forever changed our world – AI is a new kind of camera that will reshape storytelling forever and lead to full feature films that are entirely generated.
Over the last four years, we’ve raised funding from top-tier investors and partners including Amplify, Coatue, Compound, Felicis, Google, Lux, NVIDIA, and Salesforce. Our team consists of creative, open minded, caring, and entrepreneurial individuals from all walks of life. We aspire to build incredible things which starts with building an incredible team, so we’d love to hear from you! 😁
About the role 🎉
We’re looking for Machine Learning Engineers who can help us build new multimodal AI systems for media generation. The ideal candidate for this role has a combination of strong engineering skills, extensive experience working on machine learning projects, and thrives in fast-paced, high-ownership environment.
What you’ll do 🎨
- Develop innovative research projects in computer vision, focusing on generative models for image and video.
- Work with a world-class engineering team pushing the boundaries of content creation on the browser.
- Collaborate closely with the rest of the product organization to bring cutting-edge machine learning models to production.
What you’ll need 💻
- Engineering or research experience in machine learning, computer vision and/or graphics
- Solid knowledge of at least one machine learning framework (e.g. PyTorch, Tensorflow)
- Very strong programming skills and ability to write clean and maintainable research code
- Deep interest in building human-in-the-loop systems for creativity
- Ability to rapidly prototype solutions and iterate on them with tight product deadlines
- Strong communication, collaboration, and documentation skills
Working at Runway 🥳
We are a small and growing team of artists, engineers, researchers, and dreamers working together to reimagine creativity. And we’re building a unique team of talented individuals from diverse backgrounds. We believe that this will allow us to continue to up-level each other, our company, and our product. We’re looking for people that will add to our culture, not just fit in.
We’re committed to creating a space where our employees can bring their full selves to work and have equal opportunity to succeed. So regardless of race, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, origin, ability, age, veteran status, if joining this mission speaks to you, we encourage you to apply!