Senior Data Analyst
OLX Group is the world's fastest-growing network of trading platforms, serving 300 million people every month and operating in 30+ countries across 5 continents. We shape the future of trade to unlock the hidden value in everything. We help people buy and sell cars, find housing, get jobs, buy and sell household goods, and much more. With more than 20 well-loved local brands including Avito, OLX, Otomoto, and Property24, our solutions are built to be safe, smart, and convenient for our customers. We are powered by a diverse workforce of 10,000+ talented individuals, together building an inclusive culture around the world.
We are turning Diversity & Inclusion into our superpower and competitive advantage. We encourage people of all races, ethnicities, disabilities, ages, gender identity or expression, backgrounds and experiences to consider applying for this role.
We have the strong financial and operational backing of Prosus, one of the largest consumer internet groups in the world. For more information, visit www.olxgroup.com.
We're looking for a candidate with 3+ years experience in a previous Data Analytics role to join our newly formed team of Analytics experts coving all its data & insights needs for Romanian, Portuguese and Bulgarian markets. The hire will be expected to turn numbers into compelling stories and show strong leadership to drive decisions based on your insights. The main the goal is to identify streams of growth among different categories, paying users or markets and recommend actions that would lead to a sustainable growth on the short and long term.
What responsibilities will you get when working with us?
- Proactively identifying and looking for answers of key strategic business questions around monetization and category management such as limits, portfolio of products, pricing and introduction of new product features, by developing appropriate models, algorithms, reports, dashboards and/or business analytical intelligence tools.
- Creating value for the markets by providing actionable understanding of paying users and their behavior and by providing clear insights on how the business is evolving per category and market.
- Partnering with key stakeholders, including the category managers, supporting their requests and coordinating actions with them and the other areas involved in the business process, delivering as best as possible actionable, updated and automated information.
- Connecting the dots by synthesizing data from various sources.
- Compiling the data in a compelling and easy to read format to be consumed by your main stakeholders.
- Cooperating on a daily basis with other analysts within the team, in other operations and in product, to ensure proper impact measurement and a harmonized approach to the metrics used.
- Verifying the consistency of data and KPI's of a comparison of reports, which allow the credibility of the data, report data inconsistencies to the operation for its improvement.
- Continuously improve our data and BI operation, up to the best practices, maintaining current and innovative practices.
What will you need to be successful in this role?
- Has meaningful analytical experience (preferably but not necessarily in web or mobile analytics).
- Has profound knowledge of SQL and likes it (can be PL-SQL, MS-SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL or any other dialect).
- Is familiar with data visualization tools and can turn quantitative insights into a story (previous experience with Tableau appreciated).
- Is able to define key metrics to optimize.
- Is curious by nature – you don't need to know it all but are keen to explore and learn.
- Can effectively deal with ambiguity and make good use of critical thinking
- Is able to turn loads of data and numbers into meaningful and digestible stories, explaining the why behind the what.
- Is self-motivated and comfortable working hands-on - not minding to roll up your sleeves and get dirty.
- Experienced in use of analytical tools (Excel a must, bonus if you worked with Python, R and/or other).
- Previous experience with pricing and monetization projects is a plus.
What can we offer you?
- Outstanding opportunity to become a part of an international team of committed people learning from one another and contributing to the OLX success.
- Great place to learn and develop within fast-growing, global classifieds leader which opens further career opportunities in diverse world of OLX Europe.
- Fun and informal environment where getting stuff done and enjoying the ride is far more important than rules and hierarchies.
- We are curious, results-oriented and allergic to corporate interference. We improvise, experiment and push each other further, embracing uncertainty and inspiring change.
- Solid basic salary and yearly bonus plus benefits!
Please attach a CV in English!