From Arthur Guinness to Johnnie Walker, our business was founded on people of great character, and in 250 years, nothing’s changed. We’re the world’s leading premium alcohol company. Our brands are industry icons. And our success is thanks to the strength of our people, in every role. It’s why we trust them with our legacy. And it’s why we reward them with the career-defining opportunities that they deserve.
Our ambition is to create the best performing, most trusted and respected Consumer Products Company in the world. To achieve these, we need the world’s very best people.
Feel inspired? Then this may be the opportunity for you.
Following delivery of a game changing Data & Analytics project in the GB market, we have a newly created in-market role to ensure the outcomes of this project become part of the fabric of our business. This will be a key role in ensuring we continuously maintain and evolve our data and key insight driving tools, and address the most critical needs of the business.
This key role ensures we maintain the increased focus on data capture, use of data and systems to drive our business. You will work across several different stakeholders from:
- Third parties who harmonise data – Infosys
- Technical teams who can update systems
- Commercial teams and senior leaders across Sales, Finance and Revenue and Category Growth
- Ensure the agreed data strategy and library is kept up to date – through proactive checks and an embedded business process to ensure its live and meets user requirements.
- Ensure robust WoW to ensure accurate, timely Sell Out (EPOS/Depletions/Stock) Data: whilst the process is primarily managed by Infosys need to ensure solution works with Diageo – from mapping new packs and outlets, overseeing historic data corrections, onboarding new customers, data quality and audit checks to owning the market relationship with Infosys.
- Embedding systemised solutions and lead approved enhancements :
- PowerBi Built to Order (BTO) reports – Framework to ensure system solutions are embedded – updated / accessible capability materials, superuser community, oversee system integrity checks and manage requests for enhancements (requirement gathering to testing and go live support).
- Anaplan – ensure solution effectively embedded (capability and Super User group) working closely with the Commercial Systems team who oversee the BAU running of Anaplan.
- Simplify E2E Wow where possible – Given the unique role of overseeing data capture and systems infrastructure look for ways to streamline and simplify processes - For example New Products Set up.
- Support ongoing data initiatives – Support the GB perspective as part of wider data/system initiatives, and critical enhancement.
- Systems knowledge of PowerBi, Anaplan, SAP ECC and SAP CRM, Salesforce EDGE and key reporting packages. Ability to evaluate change to source production systems.
- Experience working on system projects and delivering against required timelines.
- Good attention to detail, comfort with large datasets and models.
- Providing data quality assurance and an ability to evaluate change to source production systems.
- Highly analytical and ability to operate in the detail alongside the bigger picture.
- Good commercial knowledge – internal and external data sources
- Good understanding of key business processes of Diageo or similar.
- Highly organised, curious, tenacious and delivery focused.
- Strong Analytical Mind - able to proactively identify solutions with leadership and tenacity to drive the solution.
- Great business partnering skills with a desire to make a difference. Work together to assess potential risk / opportunities, define data needs, and deliver required outcomes.
- Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical terms.
- Proven ability to work with multiple parties and key and senior partners (commercial, technical, third party).
- Show strong leadership skills to embed and hold people to account
- Knowledge of database languages such as SQL, R, or Python is preferred, but not essential.
A little bit about Diageo and our ways of working:
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date