What's the role?
As a GIS Data Engineer you will work with spatial and non-spatial data types such as Repetitive Sources, APIs, and RSD Sensor Data. In general, you act as a technical project manager, responsible for the execution and design of individual data integration processes. Daily
- You independently build, manage, modify, and execute increasingly complex data engineering processes and projects for the conversion and use of external digital sources in the creation and maintenance of the HERE databases and related products.
- You leverage data engineering technologies like FME, ArcGIS, Python, SQL, Visio, QGIS, and others to transform and integrate increasingly complex data or create products
- You participate in departmental and cross-functional projects.
- You maintain a good understanding of relevant new technologies, initiatives, and knowledge of the HERE Database content and product specification including various tools and technologies utilized for database creation and maintenance in general, E2E.
- You design and apply technology in strategic and tactical ways to improve GIS Data Engineering processes, tools, and scope. Use experience to recommend improvements for existing processes
- You develop broad experience of projects and processes; and re-engineer new process workflows within GISDE.
- You detect problems with data conversion, bulk updates, or the MAP database and act on them
Who are you?
- Degree in Computer Science and GIS-related
- Developed knowledge of Data Analytics
- Modern GIS technologies (Cloud technologies, web services, and big data)
- Experience with data manipulation and transformation stored in different DBs such as Oracle, FGDB, and Postgres
- Expertise in at least one script language( Python) and ability to learn other programming languages
- Demonstrated deep experience with ArcGIS/QGIS, FME, or similar spatial tool
- Experience with GitLab
- Experience with AWS Solution Architecture
- Developing AWS knowledge (services such as Lambda, SNS, SQS, S3, etc.)
- Experience with deploying applications in AWS
Here is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Make HERE your destination, we are just getting started. Apply now!
Who are we?
HERE Technologies is a location data and technology platform company. We empower our customers to achieve better outcomes – from helping a city manage its infrastructure or a business optimize its assets to guiding drivers to their destination safely.
At HERE we take it upon ourselves to be the change we wish to see. We create solutions that fuel innovation, provide opportunity and foster inclusion to improve people’s lives. If you are inspired by an open world and driven to create positive change, join us. Learn more about us on our YouTube Channel.