Exciting opportunity for a Senior Data Engineer to join a well-established Data, Information, and Analytics team as a client-facing, permanently employed consultant.
They're a passionate team who know all about data and implementing technology solutions across a wide range of industries and need a like-minded individual who has the ability to adapt quickly and can lead project teams to achieve business outcomes.
- Engage with clients to conceptualise data solutions
- Modernising existing data environment
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to junior and intermediate consultants
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture,
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimising data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using Microsoft technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilise the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- 5+ years working experience in data engineering
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL)
- Building and optimising data pipelines, architecture and data structures
- Performing root cause analysis on internal and external data processes
- Strong analytical skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- History of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets
- Microsoft SQL Server
- SSIS SSAS
- Microsoft Azure
- Data Factory
- Azure SQL
- Cosmos DB
- Azure Machine Learning
- Microsoft Power BI
Send over your updated CV to Stacey Maritz (s . maritz @ nigelfrank .com) by January 30th to be considered for this opportunity.
#MSBI #DateEngineer #BusinessIntelligence #JHB #Johannesburg #SouthAfrica #Azure