WPP AUNZ is a creative transformation company. For our clients we are here to grow business so that it can thrive in this new economy. For our people, we are here to grow talent and foster creativity.
We offer services in four highly-skilled areas. Communications, experience, commerce and technology. Each of these skills is critical in building strong companies for a constantly changing future.
Our culture is one of excellence. We foster and celebrate leadership wherever we find it. We encourage our people to be open, optimistic and to reach for extraordinary. We may not always get there, but we will never give up trying.
YOUR ROLE IN A NUTSHELL:
WPP AUNZ is set on making data at the heart of all decision making – particularly when it comes to the Finance team. A significant finance transformation program is currently underway and a critical determinant of the success of the program will the ability of the finance team to better leverage our data.
This role requires someone who can take a business challenge or opportunity, understand and leverage the right selection of data assets and architect a technical data solution. You will partner with the business to design, then build and deploy the technical solution. You'll work with other members of the BI team that have different and complimentary skill sets in data visualisation, ETL, data preparation, technical accounting and stakeholder engagement to drive and support change in the organisation.
The technical focus of this role will be to manage a SQL data layer, including ETL and data views / models as well as using Alteryx to source and blend in many disparate data sources into a central cleansed and reconciled location that can be a trusted source of truth. There will also be requirements to develop Tableau dashboards off this data that can drive the performance of the business.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated business and commercial acumen
- Experience using and proficiency in SQL Server, building and managing ETL processes, building presentation layer views with embedded business logic
- Experience using and proficiency in Alteryx – Alteryx Core certificate preferable
- Experience developing enterprise dashboards using Tableau
- Experience with solution design, documentation and testing methodologies
- Requirements gathering and documentation
- Accounting experience / background will be highly regarded
- Maintain and ensure the delivery, accuracy and timeliness of all data layer ETL and connections with downstream solutions
- Drive the development of the reporting workflows and ETL using Alteryx and SQL focussing on improved efficiency and customer satisfaction
- Build ETL to ingest and store data from new data sources when relevant to BI solutions, as well as model to prepare the data for use by Tableau designers or end users
- Maintain and develop objects within reporting SQL Server databases (note: this is not a SQL DBA role)
- Documenting, testing and knowledge transfer of all workflows and data sets
- Support the development of end user reports in Tableau through developing agile data models in SQL or supporting Tableau / Alteryx sourced data models
- Gathering and documenting detailed stakeholder requirements for both new / existing data sets and delivering solutions aligned with these requirements
- Work closely with business partners to analyse, develop, implement, validate and track their identified opportunities and associated benefits and provide reporting where required
- Responsible for building relationships and managing stakeholder expectations by clear communication while staying current with business needs and requirements
- Develop end user dashboards and reports using Tableau
- Training and education of Alteryx / Tableau to both peers and the wider business
WHO YOU ARE:
You're open: We are inclusive and collaborative; we encourage the free exchange of ideas; we respect and celebrate diverse views. We are open-minded: to new ideas, new partnerships, new ways of working.
You're optimistic: We believe in the power of creativity, technology and talent to create brighter futures or our people, our clients and our communities. We approach all that we do with confidence: to try the new and to seek the unexpected.
You're extraordinary: we are stronger together: through collaboration we achieve the amazing. We are creative leaders and pioneers of our industry; we deliver extraordinary every day.
WHAT WE WILL GIVE YOU:
Passionate, driven people – We champion a culture of people that do extraordinary work.
Scale and opportunity – We offer the opportunity to create, influence and deliver projects at a scale that is unparalleled in the industry.
Challenging and stimulating work – Unique work and the opportunity to join a group of creative problem solvers. Are you up for the challenge?
Please note: All applicants must have valid Australian working rights.