We go beyond the obvious, using intelligence, passion and creativity to inspire new thinking and shape the world we live in.
To start a career that is out of the ordinary, please apply...
Analytical Data Scientist - Shopper Insights
Office location: Westgate, London
Worldpanel by Kantar are hiring for an experienced data scientist who is looking to partner with the commercial division of our business and be a leading expert in shopper and purchase data. The person in this role will apply their analytical and technical skills to help our clients understand shoppers and to inspire growth for their business. Furthermore, the successful candidate will be working in a team of highly skilled experts and will be contributing to the innovation and expansion of our commercial offer, such as Worldpanel Plus service.
This service is a receipt snapping smart-phone based methodology that captures millions of purchase transactions and shopper survey responses. From this we strive to uncover commercially valuable insights into UK shopping behaviour that can help our client partners make better business decisions.
What does success look like in this role?
- Lead the technical and analytical elements of consumer facing research projects. Ensuring methods are applied to produce actionable insights for our clients.
- Design solutions to apply the extensive datasets that we have collected.
- Help make our processes more efficient – delivering high-quality outputs.
- Work collaboratively with a team of analytical, operational and commercial colleagues, sharing knowledge and helping ensure that decisions are taken amongst the wider project group.
- Taking a role coaching (and possibly line managing depending on experience) members of the team to help us build a highly skilled and successful analytics team.
- Advanced Analytical Programming ability – Base SAS ability with Python/R highly desirable.
- Strong data interpretation and visualisation skills – an Excel user with VBA skill desirable.
- Knowledge of applying statistical techniques essential and data science techniques desirable.
- Ability to clearly communicate complex and technical concepts to non-technical clients and colleagues.
- Experience of using analytical and/or data science techniques to deliver tangible commercial outcomes.
Kantar is the world’s leading data, insights and consulting company. We understand more about how people think, feel, shop, share, vote and view than anyone else. Combining our expertise in human understanding with advanced technologies. Kantar’s 25 ,000 people based in more than 100 countries help the world’s leading organisations succeed and grow. Nobody knows people better than Kantar. We provide insight and inspiration to help our clients, our people and society to create and flourish in an extraordinary world.
Our Worldpanel colleagues are the global experts in shopper behaviour, offering continuous monitoring, advanced analytics and tailored solutions to inspire successful decisions by leading organisations worldwide. Worldpanel turns purchase behaviour into competitive advantage across a diverse range of markets including tech, fashion, telecoms and FMCG.
London, WestgateUnited Kingdom
Kantar Rewards Statement
At Kantar we have an integrated way of rewarding our people based around a simple, clear and consistent set of principles. Our approach helps to ensure we are market competitive and also to support a pay for performance culture, where your reward and career progression opportunities are linked to what you deliver.
We go beyond the obvious, using intelligence, passion and creativity to inspire new thinking and shape the world we live in. Apply for a career that’s out of the ordinary and join us.
We want to create an equality of opportunity in a fair and supportive working environment where people feel included, accepted and are allowed to flourish in a space where their mental health and well being is taken into consideration.
We want to create a more diverse community to expand our talent pool, be locally representative, drive diversity of thinking and better commercial outcomes.
Kantar is the world’s leading data, insights and consulting company. We understand more about how people think, feel, shop, share, vote and view than anyone else. Combining our expertise in human understanding with advanced technologies, Kantar’s 30,000 people help the world’s leading organisations succeed and grow.