Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
Do people say that you’re an inspiring leader with good communication skills and a strong ability to influence others?
- Are you passionate about data, traditional modelling, and machine learning?
- Do you want to collaborate on important projects that are central to the Bank’s strategy?
Then keep reading!
Join the Collection Strategy, Analytics and Performance – Risk Strategy and Modelling for consumer and SME cards team.
This team handles credit decisioning and collection modelling for consumer loans. It elaborates strategies for prioritizing collections on late payments, for contacting priority clients and making client contacts as well as performance tracking.
- Develop new models (self-cure, probability of payment, reverting to a higher stage of delinquency) and collection strategies. Coordinate the implementation of the TRIAD and Blaze Advisor production environments
- Be a subject matter expert (SME). Support and coach colleagues in elaborating the above activities and monitor the progress of these activities.
- Organize and conduct meetings with partners from the business lines and risk management to get approval for the models and strategies being developed.
- Represent the team on various committees and during internal or external meetings
- Find new internal and external data sources and new modeling techniques, such as artificial intelligence, to improve collection strategies.
- Plan and follow up on the activities of the team
- Collaborate with the Lead – Collection Strategies to maximize our contact strategies and coordinate their implementation in the production environment.
- Be a member of the RMS leadership committee and contribute to the development of the mid to long-term vision of credit modeling and strategies
- Ability to influence partners to get projects accepted
- Excellent coaching skills and ability to empathize
- SAS/SQL (R or Python, an asset)
- Econometric model and machine learning models
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Agility, collaboration, and empowerment to help advance projects
- Ability to maintain honest and transparent communication with the team and partners
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 5 years of experience in credit risk, OR Master’s degree in a related field and 3 years of experience in credit risk, OR university certificate/undergraduate diploma from the National Bank University Program and 7 years of experience in credit risk
- 3 - 5 years of experience with:
- Collection models and strategies or other credit decisions
- Decision models and strategies applied to an operational environment
- Data science or analytics
- Excellent knowledge of quantitative methods
- Excellent knowledge of Personal Banking and credit cards products and services
- Advanced proficiency in SAS and SQL
- Excellent ability to analyze, summarize and communicate information
- Ability to communicate efficiently and influence decision making with valid arguments and ability to maintain an open and courteous communication channel between the parties, even in case of disagreements
- Experience in the banking industry, an asset
- Proficiency in R and/or Python, an asset
- Experience in applying machine learning, an asset
- Proven ability to influence and innovate
- Comfortable applying expertise in an ever-changing multidisciplinary environment
- Bilingualism, spoken and written (English and French)
Upon hiring, you'll be eligible for a wide range of benefits. In addition to competitive compensation, we offer attractive benefits for you and your family:
- Health and wellness program, including many benefits
- Flexible group insurance
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Community involvement program
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are just some of the many benefits we offer. Due to the current pandemic, our entire team is working remotely. We’ve also rolled out several additional measures to ensure your health, safety, and wellbeing during the pandemic.
We’re a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on people’s lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that’s accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodation, feel free to let us know during our initial conversations.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Are you ready to live your ambitions?
Particular Condition:While only one level is posted, the manager has the latitude to position the selected candidate at a lower level, depending on their profile.