Since 2011, Wise has had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
We’re looking for a data analyst (compliance) to strengthen our compliance team. Based in any of our Asia / Pacific offices, you’ll analyse data and share actionable insights on compliance testing and monitoring plans, and partner with other analysts and teams to optimise processes and flows. The role will work with global teams to focus on our markets: Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan, Malaysia and New Zealand.
This role is located in Kuala Lumpur, Melbourne, Singapore, Sydney, Hong Kong or Tokyo
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of Wise’s business and get to know teams across Wise as you work with them to understand the product and regulatory framework.
- Develop a framework to better communicate monitoring and testing outcomes to teams, helping them correctly engage with the data to strengthen our regulatory compliance across our Asia / Pacific markets.
- Take on and own new projects that arise in any area of the compliance programme on a project basis. Take a problem-solving approach, proactively contributing to, own, create, track quantitative risk outcomes for your compliance team, identifying emerging risks that impact them.
A bit about you:
You can show that you’re a proactive communicator with a passion for operational efficiency, tech and the spirit of compliance, and how data can help. You should be able to demonstrate:
- Work experience in compliance, risk or audit sector.
- An insatiable curiosity about Asia / Pacific products and processes
- You have a proven track record of working as a data or product analyst, preferably in a tech company with product managers, designers and engineers
- You are proficient in SQL with plenty of experience in delivering hands-on technical projects
- A strong ability to organise, prioritise and multitask and an ability to communicate priorities effectively to others
- You have a strong track record of applying quantitative analysis to see beyond the numbers, generate actionable insights and drive the adoption of your proposed changes by influencing stakeholders
- You know your way around an analytics stack: you have worked with data warehouses (Snowflake, BigQuery, Redshift etc.), ETL/ELT (Airflow, DBT etc.) and data visualization tools (Looker, PowerBI, Tableau etc.)
- Fun to work with (no brainer), detail-oriented and driven
Some extra skills that would be great (but not essential):
- Experience in working at a fast growing scale-up, FinTech or payment compliance
- You have a good understanding of statistics (probability, distributions, hypothesis testing)
- You’re proficient with Python, able to automate complex processes and construct robust data pipelines
A bit about the role:
As a member of the APAC compliance team, you will work closely with Product, Treasury, Finance, Operations, Fincrime tribe (e.g., verification, AML, sanctions) and Compliance Officers to lead data-driven compliance testing projects for our diverse region. Continuing to offer our customers the best experience and championing compliance with our regulatory obligations is at our core.
To achieve this, the role will focus on three areas: Building trust, Strengthening our framework and Policy support.
- Develop a data framework to perform controls testing – scoping the review, conducting the assessment and working with teams to resolve findings.
- Proactive communication of gaps and risks using data so that other teams can easily understand how we can resolve these problems.
- Partner with oversight teams in APAC to help estimate and measure the impact of our monitoring and testing program, derive continuous insights on how we can optimise and contribute to future compliance roadmap
- Take on new challenges that arise in our compliance program.
Strengthen the regulatory compliance framework
- Refine and build on our monitoring and testing methodology.
- Support regulatory compliance monitoring and testing in APAC.
- Maintain data sources that enable Compliance to monitor our compliance health.
- Report management information (MI) that enables teams and the Board to understand our compliance health.
What we offer in return:
- Competitive base salary
- Generous stock options package
- Lots of awesome Wise benefits
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.