The Senior Data Engineer works as part of the Enterprise Data Team and will be responsible for developing Data Integration solutions in support of a critical data platform. The Senior Data Engineer plays a key role in the journey of Raymond James to develop a leading Wealth Management Platform. This position will have extensive contact with multiple application development teams and other shared services teams. This role will follow a hybrid workstyle in one of the following locations: Saint Petersburg, FL or Denver, CO.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing highly optimized low latency Data Integration solutions.
- Responsible for writing code which conforms to standards and best practices and is highly efficient.
- Responsible for understanding deeply the end-to-end data requirements, application and service requirements and designing end to end data solutions.
- Work with other Data Engineers and Architecture as part of database design and development.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Previous experience with Oracle, SQL Server, SSIS, Oracle Data Integrator or Informatica is a plus.
- Experience with AWS is preferred.
- Experience with Data Warehouse and Big Data concepts across both batch and streaming patterns.
- Understanding of Master Data Management (MDM) and data modeling concepts.
- Creating patterns for adoption from scratch and being able to document and articulate coding and architecture standards for others to follow.
- Performance tuning and optimization of code and infrastructure.
- Creating a culture of continuous improvement, performs code reviews and makes recommendations for improvement or streamlining patterns.
- Financial Services industry knowledge is a plus.
- Must have relevant experience in various database platforms, ETL solutions/products, ETL architecture.
- Experience with Oracle or RedShift (or similar DB platforms), ETL architecture and development.
- Experience using Python, Glue, Spark and Kafka technologies with knowledge of migrating from existing legacy to modern cloud environments – including implementing SRE and CI/CD concepts.
- Experience in Performance Optimization of ETL and Database (Oracle – SQL, PLSQL or similar)
- Expert level experience with efficient Data Integration patterns/technologies.
- Experience in building low latency Data Integration solutions.
- Identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions.
- Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; recommend or take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
- Demonstrate a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; remains current with developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Make internal and external clients and their needs a primary focus of actions; develop and sustain productive client relationships.
- Occasionally work a non-standard shift including nights and/or weekends and/or have on-call responsibilities.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or related degree and three (3) to five (5) years of relevant development or engineering experience or combination of education, training and experience.
At Raymond James our associates use five guiding behaviors (Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to deliver on the firm's core values of client-first, integrity, independence and a conservative, long-term view.
We expect our associates at all levels to:
- Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
- Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
- Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in mind
- Take ownership and hold themselves and others accountable for delivering results that matter
- Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm
At Raymond James – as part of our people-first culture, we honor, value, and respect the uniqueness, experiences, and backgrounds of all of our Associates. When associates bring their best authentic selves, our organization, clients, and communities thrive. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs.Job :
TechnologyPrimary Location :
US-FL-St. Petersburg-Saint PetersburgOrganization :
Day JobTravel :
Yes, 5 % of the TimeSalary Range: CO, NY, CA, WA (based on Education, Work Experience, and Geographic Location)
$100,000 - $140,000Eligible for Discretionary Bonus :