At Climate, our mission is to use technologies to enhance the sustainability and security of our global food value chain. Using field-verified data science models, Climate is shaping the future of sustainable agriculture across 180 million acres worldwide and counting. As the digital farming arm of Bayer Crop Science, we have the benefits and resources of an established organization while offering employees the opportunity to deliver significant individual impact alongside some of the brightest minds in life sciences.
Grounded in our vision, ‘Health for all, Hunger for none’, our diverse team spends their days solving the world's most pressing challenges through sheer curiosity and dedication. In our learning-oriented and flexible environment, you can find us collaborating in a hybrid model that mixes on-site and remote work.
Our LIFE values—leadership, integrity, flexibility, and efficiency—and our unique focus on health and nutrition demand that we create value for all stakeholders—today, tomorrow, and for generations to come. If you’re hungry to build a meaningful career helping empower farmers with sustainable digital farming systems, keep reading!The Opportunity
We are seeking a highly motivated Data Scientist in Operations Research who shares our passion for innovation to join our team within the Climate Science organization. You will have the opportunity to develop agricultural models and work to further develop the pipeline and support the transition of research models and data into production code.
As part of our diverse, highly dynamic group, you will work side-by-side with a team of exceptional data scientists with diverse backgrounds and interact with various functions within the company, including science, engineering, and product to deliver next-generation scientific breakthroughs, while fostering your career growth and development. If you are passionate about feeding a growing planet sustainably, with a direct impact on farmers, Climate LLC would love to talk to you. We work on hard problems because we love the challenge!What You Will Do
- Develop, validate and refine existing seed optimization models
- Independently perform optimization model formulation, implementation and analysis of outputs
- Support model productionization and work closely with cross-functional teams for model implementation.
- Write robust, well-documented, and well-tested research code and libraries that adhere to community standards and best practices
- Build cross-functional relationships to collaboratively partner with the peer Science, Product and Engineering teams
What You’ll Need:
Nice To Haves
- Ph.D. in Operations Research or Industrial Engineering
- Hands-on experience with Mathematical Optimization Software such as CPLEX or PuLP
- Proven analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional environment, with strong interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to translate complex technical concepts across scientific and business domains
What We Offer
- Proficiency in Python or other programming languages
- 2-3 years of industry experience in Operations Research domain
- Knowledge of agricultural technology especially with regard to row crops
Belonging and Accommodations
- Base salary estimated range between $112,442-$202,812 annually, depending on the hiring location. You may also be offered bonuses, RSUs cash equivalent, or commission.
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability, as well as a Life Solutions Plan covering mental health benefits
- Industry leading 401K match of up to 10%
- Discounted access to Employee Share Purchase Plan program
- Professional growth opportunities including up to $10,000 college tuition reimbursement, access to upskilling platform, leadership training, mentoring and coaching programs, and short-term assignments (domestic and international)
- Yearly $500 WFH stipend for hybrid office employees
At Climate, we strive to create inclusive experiences for candidates and employees alike in which a diverse set of perspectives and voices are represented. If this role sounds exciting to you but your experience doesn’t perfectly align with the job description, we still encourage you to apply.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we actively pursue ways to celebrate our differences and don’t discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex (including pregnancy), protected veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion existing under applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about our team and mission: https://climate.com/careers