The Kuda data and decisioning team is a small, experienced team tasked with building a modern data stack that supports automated decisioning, and establishing an advanced analytics function. We play a central role in plotting Kuda’s progress and providing critical insights and capabilities as we grow the business.
We’re looking for data analysts who are passionate about applying their analytical and engineering skills to democratise insights, metrics and data-driven decisions. You’ll have the challenge, and opportunity, to influence the foundations of a critical business function during a high growth phase. If you are excited about having an impact on the business, we want to hear from you.
You’ll be expected to:
- Design, build and maintain data products to improve availability and usability of data and insights across the whole business
- Collaborate with product and business stakeholders to define how best to measure, monitor and understand customer behaviour and product performance
- Develop compelling dashboards and automated reporting
- Drive strategic initiatives to improve the quality and timeliness of insights
- Conduct analysis to understand cus behavior and optimise products
- Shape and influence our data models and infrastructure to optimise the delivery of data products and insights
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 5+ Years of experience in a Business Intelligence Engineering, Data Analyst and/or Data Science role, with a focus on analysing large data sets to solve problems
- Expert knowledge of SQL
- Strong knowledge of and experience with tools like QlikView, SAS Visual Analytics, Tableau or Looker
- Prior experience with designing and implementing data products to track business or product KPIs
- A good understanding of funnel analysis, customer segmentation, customer activity modelling, churn analysis and A/B testing
- A degree in a quantitative field (e.g., Statistics, Economics, Math, Sciences, Engineering)
Nice to haves:
- Experience working in AWS, Google Cloud or Azure
- Using dbt to write SQL data transformations
- Experience with Python as a data analytics and scripting language
- Good understanding of the software development process and best practices
- Prior experience at a growth stage internet or software company
Why join Kuda?
Kuda is an African-born digital bank. We aim to bring meaningful change to the way people across Africa access great financial products and services. We’re challenging traditional banking and have ambitions to become the go-to bank for ‘every African on the planet’.
We successfully raised funding to fuel our product growth and geographical expansion. With offices in London (our HQ), Lagos and Cape Town, and further offices opening across Africa during 2021, Kuda is fast becoming recognised as the leading 'Neobank' for Africans.
Our goal is to build a team of smart and kind individuals who work together to solve interesting and challenging problems, shaping the future of banking for all Africans.
The Cape Town team share offices in Claremont to enable connection and collaboration, but we follow a remote-first work policy and offer flexible working hours.
We look forward to offering great perks and benefits in the near future, to create a rewarding environment that supports work-life balance.