Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think TD if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com
Building a World-Class Technology Team at TD
We can't afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD's technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
TD Data and Information Management
covers building, developing, designing, and implementing involved with tech data management solutions. Where do we begin? These experts analyze, design, develop and support TD's info management system; lead and support bank data curation; develop data road map and info management strategies; focus on complex data integration, and drive use of our data reference model. This area doesn't work in isolation. We love data and we feel the same about integration and our assignments prove it.
There's room to grow in all of it.
About This Role
We need someone to provide technical leadership covering a range of data analysis functions. These include data modeling, structured query language (SQL), data quality, data profiling, extract-transform-load (ETL), metadata enrichment and management, data provenance and lineage, report design and other specialized data management functions. You're a solid, independent, senior lead equipped to manage and direct activities related to analysis, design and support of technical data management solutions for larger projects.
Here's Some Of What You May Be Asked To Perform
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager.
- Elicit, analyze, interpret business and data requirements to develop complete business solutions, includes data models (entity relationship diagrams, dimensional data models), ETL and business rules, data life cycle management, governance, lineage, metadata and reporting elements.
- Apply automation and innovation on new and on-going data platforms for those development projects aligned to business or organizational strategies.
- Design, implement reporting platforms (e.g. modeling, ETL, BI framework) and complex ETL frameworks that meet business requirements.
- Work with technology/project teams to understand the business meaning of data, provide analysis and requirements so that data design is fully understood and the development initiatives are in line with intended design and standards.
- Deliver business or enterprise data deliverables (that adhere to enterprise frameworks) for various platforms/servers/applications/systems.
- Provide data analysis and requirements within enterprise platform (e.g. Hadoop).
- Implement processes aligned to data management standards, ensure data quality and requirements are embedded in/adhered to within system development deliverables.
- Develop, maintain knowledge of data available from upstream sources and data within various platforms.
- Perform data profiling using TD tooling and ad hoc system query languages to validate data analysis.
- Help development and testing teams resolve data issues.
- Support the user community by helping them interpret data.
- Engage with data managers, stewards and owners to implement, maintain, enhance data governance, quality and related policies, aligning with TD's standards and frameworks.
- Ensure capture of requirements related to data privacy and security, governance and access controls.
- Respect TD's technology delivery practices, standards, project management disciplines.
What can you bring to TD?
Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- Undergraduate Degree or Technical Certificate.
- 5-7 years relevant experience.
- Advanced knowledge of the technical environment/tools for own area .
- Advanced knowledge of business processes and procedures on a broad, organizational level.
- Sound to advanced knowledge of business, standards, infrastructure, architecture and technology from a design/support/ solutions perspective.
- Consulted as expert subject matter expert in at least one area of discipline to support clients/or project teams with research, analysis, design, hardware/ software support, solutions development and testing.
- History as a collaborative team player, strength in communicating clearly with partners to elicit information/data requirements.
- Capacity and eagerness to work independently as a senior/lead role on multiple tasks, and also coach/educate/guide/direct others.
- Ability to assume assignments that are moderate- to highly- complex and multi-faceted, to be performed under management guidance.
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking,
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.