This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee's role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired.
- This position requires an employee to be onsite 1-4 times per year.
CCA's Global Aftersales Substance of Concern and Parts Marking Engineering organization has responsibility for the chemical and marking compliance of GM aftersales parts globally. Evaluation of compliance includes interrogation and reporting of data in databases both internally and externally.About the Role:
We seek an aspiring data analysis engineer to join our aftersales engineering service team. The level of responsibility for the position will be matched with the experience of the team member hired. The person in this role will be responsible for assuring compliance is achieved through robust data analysis.
Additional Job DescriptionRequired Qualifications:
- Process new and existing GM part data from various data platforms
- Research data in external systems
- Create reporting tools; maintain and track changes for commodities and substances
- Implement improvements to databases
- Identify inconsistencies and incorrect data
- Provide updates to GM management
- Create, modify or repair information to obtain required data
- Create, modify and review workflows for domestic and global processes
- Follow-up to ensure necessary data and controls are applied
- Additional tasks as identified by GM management
- Modify and update off-the-shelf software
Valued Experiences and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in technical field, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of various database analysis tools and databases
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software
- Works efficiently and effectively cross functionally with individuals and teams to solve a problem or complete a project.
- Actively participates in various data analysis teams and forums raising concerns and offering feasible solutions
- Exhibits appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with business partners to meet mutual goals
- Develops and maintains constructive and cooperative working relationships with others
- Seek opportunities for collaborative experiences to help accomplish organizational goals
- Able and willing to learn quickly. Strives for continuous self-improvement through formal and informal learning
- Holds themselves and others accountable for demonstrating GM's core behaviors
- Automotive service parts database experience
- Demonstrated aftersales part analysis
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- Regulatory automotive data analysis
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
- Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
- Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
- Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
- Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
- Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.