This role will use AI and machine learning techniques to drive the Operational Data Science team’s objective of supporting the EEPS organization’s initiatives to drive high application availability through data driven automation. We are looking for an innovative individual who has both the technical and interpersonal skills to work alongside stakeholders, leadership, and a team of data scientists and engineers to develop end to end solutions, including data ingestion and preparation, feature engineering, analysis and modeling, model deployment, performance tracking and documentation.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- The Sr. Data Scientist will play a key role in researching, designing, implementing and deploying full-stack scalable machine learning solutions to support intelligent operations initiatives
- Conduct hands-on data analysis and predictive analytics on large datasets
- Effectively communicate complex technical results to business partners
- Support and drive analytic efforts around machine learning and innovation
- Work with a great deal of autonomy to find solutions to complex problems
- Coach and mentor junior data scientists
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- BA/BS in Applied Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Statistics or related technical field
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in developing analytics with machine learning, deep learning, NLP, and/or other related modeling techniques
- 3+ years of experience using advanced data science tools such as R, Python, SQL, Spark and H2O
- 3+ years of experience developing and deploying analytic solutions using AWS/Azure/GCP
- 3+ years of experience wrangling large datasets with big data tools such as Hadoop, Hive and Spark
- Experience applying computational algorithms and statistical methods to structured and unstructured data
- Experience combining analytic methods with advanced data visualizations using, for example, Tableau, Shiny or D3
- Experience breaking down and clearly defining problems
- Experience communicating highly technical results to a diverse audience
- Strong execution mentality
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
- All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Data Scientist, Hadoop, Spark, Machine Learning, Python, Deep Learning, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work from home, Work at home, Remote