At EF Education First, we are travelers, innovators, thinkers and doers. As the world leader in international education, with more than 52,000 staff and teachers working in 52 countries around the globe, our mission is simple: Opening the world through education.
As a Marketing Data Scientist in our Digital Performance department in Zurich, you will enjoy working with large data sets and the ability to see your insights generate real business impact. You will be part of wider team that manages Digital Advertising, Marketing Automation and Social Media for 50 markets and is a key contributor to our growth. You will collaborate on a weekly basis with your peers at EF and Google, Facebook, Salesforce through our long-term partnerships.
You should be an energetic, curious, and collaborative person who is interested in proactively driving results through data and is excited about working in a fast-paced environment.
- Apply a variety of machine learning techniques, from linear regression, random forest to neural network modelling techniques to improve the efficacy of our advertising and automation
- Help build smarter acquisition strategies for students and parents and analyze behavioral patterns across our cohorts
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis and data mining to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with our core/business products
- Conduct end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables and presentations
- Contribute to building ELT pipelines for the purpose of analysis & data science
- Experience with statistical software (e.g., R, Python), fluency in SQL and bonus points for experience with Google Cloud Platform
- 2 years of hands-on experience in predictive modelling and analysis
- 1 year of practical experience applying ML
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics or other technical field
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (Google Cloud ML, BigQuery, Cloud Functions etc.)
- Experience with Big Data (Hive, Spark) and Marketing Data Science
- 4 years of hands-on experience in predictive modelling and analysis
- 2 years of practical experience applying ML to solve complex problems
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and attention to detail
- Good verbal and written communicator, capable of presenting to cross-functional stakeholders
- A proven track record of using data science to drive outcomes
- Endless curiosity and a pragmatic approach to solving real challenges
- A keen interest in technology, language, travel and education
- Ability to research and develop innovative ways to contribute to the future of language learning
- The opportunity to take ownership and have a genuine impact
- An international and dynamic team situated in a centrally located, brand new office
- Free access to our in-house office gym
- Staff discounts on restaurants and tourist hot-spots such as Mount Titlis or Kunsthaus Zurich
- Discount on all EF courses and classes
- The opportunity to expand your international network through our monthly professional
- development opportunities with colleagues from around the world
- For parents, on-site Kita (daycare center) with employee discounted rates
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs-focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics-turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about-we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, caste, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zurich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com