Be part of the team transforming global travel experiences!
Luxury Escapes is one of the world’s fastest-growing travel websites, with over 6 million members. We are growing rapidly & seeking a Data Engineer to join our Machine Learning team.Working at Luxury Escapes
Our mission is to delight our customers with incredible deals for the world's best holidays. We are a collective of forward-thinking people, driven to challenge the travel industry and ourselves to bring outstanding travel experiences to our customer community.
Our Sydney office is on Kent Street - a short walk from Wynyard station and close to great cafes in Barangaroo.Luxury Escapes is an in-person company, with 4 days in the office, and 1-day WFH.
About The Team
With machine learning at our core, the Luxury Escapes Recommendation Engine (LERE) team strive to understand each customer's preferences and travel dreams, ensuring a seamless and personalised journey from desire to destination.
Here are some challenges we're tackling:
About The Role
- Personalisation at Scale – How do we ensure that each of our millions of users has a personalised customer journey that reflects their unique preferences?
- Real-time Recommendations – Implementing strategies to provide instantaneous suggestions as users interact with our platform.
- Full customer journey coverage – Expand the utilisation of our models across touchpoints throughout the customer journey and across all product lines (hotels, tours, cruises, flights, experiences etc)
- Scalable ML Infrastructure – Building and maintaining a robust infrastructure that can support our expanding suite of machine learning models and handle the massive influx of data
This role is uniquely positioned in the team as we have a growing need for developing and productising Machine Learning solutions.
Working with our data scientists and ML architects you will build and productise our ML models while working alongside our engineering team to ensure that the models are implemented in our customer-facing touchpoints as intended.
You will have a strong bias for action and as you uncover opportunities you will be able to present them to the team and help steer the direction of our machine learning at Luxury Escapes.Relevant Skills
What's in it for you?
- Data Engineering.
- Analyse and interpret complex data capabilities.
- Backend web development.
- SQL (we use PostgreSQL and Google BigQuery).
- Automated testing and continuous integration.
- A keen interest in problem-solving.
We consider our people one of our most important assets – and we want our team to love their working lives! When you work for Luxury Escapes, you can look forward to:
- Excellent Remuneration package
- 20% Discount on Luxury Holidays and Experiences
- Breakfast and lunch are provided 5-days a week
- Well-being programs
- A bonus day of birthday leave
- A super collaborative team that enjoys creating great platforms
If you’re interested in the role but don't check every box, apply anyway, we’d love to hear from you.We embrace diversity in our people and make hiring decisions based on your experiences and skills. We do not discriminate based on gender identity, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. You'll find a collaborative, inclusive, and respectful workplace here at Luxury Escapes, and we are proud to celebrate who you are. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments during the interview process.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer, committing to responding to every applicant.