JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPMC), one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands.
As the Sr. Machine Learning Engineer (Applied AIML Associate Sr), you will build machine learning (ML) powered innovative solutions & services leveraging state-of-the-art speech recognition, speech synthesis, natural language understanding, and predictive technologies to solve real-world financial problems. You will also join and work with a very talented team to bring scalable AI solutions to JPMC business problems in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
JPMC's history spans over 200 years and today it is the leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion, and operations in more than 60 countries. It is on a transformational journey to be a client-centric technology driven company. With an annual technology budget of $10B+, it has started significant investments in building the next generation core/secure data, and ML infrastructure to solve real-world financial problems using novel AI technologies. Not only will your work provide magical experiences to our customers, you will be involved in the transformational journey of expanding the envelope of ML technologies to all financial services at JPMC.
Collaborate with machine learning research teams and engineers to bring research ideas to production. This involves ability to quickly build prototype concepts using different software APIs, and be able to present a roadmap towards production quality design/implementation
- Drive advances in the field of speech recognition (including acoustic modeling, language modeling), speech synthesis, natural language understanding by developing novel machine (deep) learning models
- Work with all of JPMorgan's lines of business and functions to deliver high quality, scalable ML powered software solutions or services that make significant business impact
- Design and implement reliable data processing pipelines, distributed and fault tolerant training infrastructure, and perform analyses and insights to drive and optimize business results
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Machine Learning or related areas
- Proficiency in one of the machine (deep) learning frameworks (e.g. PyTorch, PyTorch Lightening, TensorFlow)
- Extensive experience in scripting languages such as Python with strong software engineering skills to scale, and optimize systems
- Experience working on projects which include(s) Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Data Mining, Information Retrieval, Statistics; experience in speech/video signal processing
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Outstanding communication skills with ability to work well in a collaborative and dynamic environment
- Experience with CPU, GPU architecture and high-performance compilers such as XLA
- Experience with C/C++, CUDA
- Cloud computing: Google Cloud, Amazon Web Service, Azure, Docker, Kubernetes
- Familiar with big data technologies: Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Kafka, and experience in distributed system design and development
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the WELL Health-Safety Rating for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. These requirements may include sharing information in the firm's vaccine record tool, vaccination or regular testing, mask wearing, social distancing and daily health checks. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans