At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Data Engineer is responsible for building and supporting the big data platform. As a Data Engineer, your responsibilities include –
- Develop, test and support future-ready data solutions for customers across industry verticals
- Develop, test and support end-to-end batch and near real-time data flows/pipelines
- Demonstrate understanding in data architectures, modern data platforms, big data, ML/AI, analytics, cloud platforms, data governance and information management and associated technologies
- Develop and demonstrate Proof of Concepts and Working Demos
- Support and collaborate with other internal/external consultants in consulting, workshops and delivery engagements
- Mentor junior IBM consultants in the practice and delivery engagements
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
To ensure success in the role you will possess the following skills –
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience as a solution designer, developer, tester or support role in IT Consulting or other technology business units across the industry
- Minimum of 3+ years of hands-on development, testing, support and administration experience with data integration/ETL solutions in cloud and on-premise such as Informatica PowerCenter/IICS, IBM Data Stage and Oracle ODI etc
- Experience in applying industry best practices, design patterns and first-of-a-kind technical solutions as developer or administrator on data and non-data specific platforms and applications
- Experience in implementing near real-time data flows/pipelines and distributed streaming applications
- Experience in hands-on development in traditional ETL, data warehousing (Teradata) and BI solutions
- Hands-on development experience and working skill level in Python, Scalar, SQL, shell scripting and other programming/scripting languages
- Hands-on implementation of services sensitive to performance SLAs with high availability, fault-tolerance, automatic fail-over and geographical redundancy
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Working knowledge and hands-on experience with Cloud Platform such as Azure, AWS, GCP and IBM and other modern data platforms
- Solid understanding of containerisation, virtualisation, infrastructure and networking
- Diverse experience in software development methodologies and project delivery frameworks such as Agile Sprints, Kanban, Waterfall etc
- Experience in presenting to and influencing stakeholders and senior managers
- Team leadership and people manager experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related Engineering courses
- One or more industry-recognised technology certifications or badges
About Business UnitIBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBMAre you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world's most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it's time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It's time to define your career.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementFor additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.