We have an exciting 12 month fixed term opportunity for a Digital Data Analyst to join our team! This role sits within the Digital Hub is a critical role in the Digital Analytics Chapter within the Tribes within Consumer & SMB.
The Digital Tribes have been established to allow the rapid development and launch of Optus Digital assets including the My Optus App, Optus Website for both Sales & Service, Chatbot, Digital Case Management and all aspects of Optus Digital interactions with customers.
The Data Analyst will be a strong proactive contributor to the delivery of squad OKR’s, looking not just at delivery of existing initiatives, but also the identification and delivery of new opportunities across all Digital assets. Responsibilities will include:
- Writing and developing tracking specifications for web and app tracking implementation
- Testing web and app tracking implementation against specification and business requirements
- Querying customer data, performing analyses, and presenting findings in a clear and understandable language;
- Translating complex business questions into analytical tasks;
- Performing data, statistical and commercial analysis to understand how customer behavior, product changes and market dynamics impact the Consumer business;
- Developing recommendations with a clearly articulated, structured argument;
- Delivering findings back to stakeholders to drive well-informed decision-making;
- Contributing to the overall chapter delivery of business insights and recommendations to delivery against the Digital Tribe objectives
Preferred skills and experience include:
- Tertiary qualifications in a quantitative field (e.g. Mathematics, Computer Science, Finance, Engineering, Statistics)
- Demonstrated exposure to a variety of Marketing, Sales and/or Commercial functions in large organisation
- Experience in a marketing or commercial environment (product, strategy, research)
- Strong understanding of data warehouse structure and data extraction
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to work through complex issues to reach an outcome
- Demonstrated analytical skills developed from experience in similar roles
- Flexibility to handle conflicting priorities and balance demands on time
- Demonstrated sound business, financial and commercial acumen
- Proficiency in analytical techniques (SQL, statistical modelling)
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
At Optus, we don’t sit back and let the future happen to us – we’re out there making it. By expanding into new technology and relentlessly improving every day, we’re working to create a better tomorrow for all Australians.
Optus believes in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers.
Due to the fast paced nature of our business, vacancy close dates may change, so make sure you apply today!