ZL Tech is looking for a Data Scientist who will support our product leadership and help develop insights gained from analyzing enterprise client’s unstructured data. The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. They must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. They must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
- Work with stakeholders throughout client enterprise organizations to identify opportunities for leveraging unstructured data to drive business solutions.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
Skills and Experience
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- 5+ years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models.
- NLP: hands-on NLP data wrangler and text-mining model (MaxEnt, NER, POS, LDA) experience using library (Spacy/Gensim/Nltk, Spark/ML, SparkNLP..)
- Experience with index/search (Lucene, ElasticSearch, Solr)
- Statistical ML experience (Classifier, Clustering, Near neighborhood, Dimension Reduction) with model Logistic Regression, Decision Tree, MaxEnt, KNN.
- AI/Deep Learning ML experience (word/sentence/doc embedding, transformer/attention, transfer learning, multi-task learning) using Keras, Tensorflow, PyTorch.
- Big Data analytics experience: Hadoop, Columnar DB, Spark/ML/SQL, SparkNLP, heuristic algorithm
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Masters or PhD in STEM or other quantitative fields (BSc with good programming skill and some solid project experiences is also encouraged to apply)
This position requires the hire to be available during core business hours, with some additional outside hours to coordinate with other global teams.
About ZL Tech
ZL Tech has been a leader in information management for the past two decades, solving the biggest compliance, governance and privacy challenges for companies across the Fortune 500 and beyond. At the core of ZL Tech’s vision is its unique differentiator, a unified architecture that centralizes billions of documents and all governance functions under one platform, eliminating today’s fractured data silos.
ZL Tech began in 1999 as an email security company, expanding its scope over the years to address storage management, compliance, eDiscovery, records management, and now, analytics and privacy. Whether it was the Sarbanes-Oxley Act in 2002, or new privacy regulations such as GDPR and CCPA, ZL Tech has constantly evolved to match the most difficult challenges of the time.
ZL Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.