About Propeller Health
At Propeller Health, our mission is to empower every person living with a chronic respiratory disease to take control of their health so they can live a better life. As a leader in digital health and therapeutics for asthma and COPD, we work to improve clinical outcomes, healthcare costs, and quality of life by supporting patients in managing their condition with their healthcare provider.
Propeller’s platform includes FDA cleared medical devices, consumer apps and access to clinical data for provider monitoring throughout the care journey, to create value to all stakeholders. We enable a personalized digital experience with a human touch used by patients, caregivers, providers, payers, pharmaceutical companies and other healthcare organizations across the US, Europe and Asia.
Propeller Health is a wholly owned subsidiary of ResMed (NYSE: RMD, ASX: RMD). For more information, visit www.propellerhealth.com.Let’s Talk About The Team
Propeller’s Data Engineering team work closely with Platform, Applications and BI/Analytics engineers, products, and other stakeholders to support the overall company’s data and analytics strategy and services. The team develop automated data pipelines, data transformations, data lakes and data warehouse in cloud for both internal and external clients to enable data driven insights and strategy for business.
Everything we do with data starts with how we can help a patient become healthier. You will Join a talented and independent team to find creative solutions to respiratory and other chronic diseases at scale, shape how we apply data to help patients, contribute to patient-facing production systems driven by real customer needs.Let’s Talk About The Role
Your day to day focus will be dynamic and ever-changing, but you and your team will be driving the business forward by:
Let’s Talk About You
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture,
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using Python and AWS ‘big data’ technologies like Glue, Lambda, Kinesis, Redshift etc.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and AWS regions.
- Work on data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Mentor and provide technical guidance to data engineer team members
- 8+ years of total experience and 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field or equivalent working experience.
- Excellent Python coding skills
- Experience building and working with AWS Data Pipelines and Data Lake using Glue, S3, Athena, Lambda, Kinesis, Redshift
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience working with Continuous Integration/Delivery using tools Github
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with structured, semi-structured and unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Knowledge of Data Warehouse and BI tools: Snowflake, Tableau is plus
We are shaping the future at ResMed, and we recognize the need to build on and broaden our existing skills and continue to attract and retain the world’s best talent. We work hard to offer holistic benefits packages, provide flexible work arrangements, cultivate a workforce culture that allows employees to grow personally and professionally, and deliver competitive salaries to our team members. Employees scheduled to work 30 or more hours per week are eligible for benefits. This position qualifies for the following benefits package: comprehensive medical, vision, dental, and life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance, sleep care management, Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), commuter benefits, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and tuition assistance. Employees accrue three weeks Paid Time Off (PTO) in their first year of employment, receive 11 paid holidays plus 3 floating days and are eligible for 14 weeks of primary caregiver or two weeks of secondary caregiver leave when welcoming new family members. Individual pay decisions are based on a variety of factors, such as the candidate’s geographic work location, relevant qualifications, work experience, and skills.
This role is eligible to receive an annual cash bonus payment based on company, business unit, and/or individual performance.
Base Pay Range for this position:
$118,000 - $178,000
For remote positions located outside of the US, pay will be determined based the candidate’s geographic work location, relevant qualifications, work experience, and skills.Excited about the position but not sure if you meet the requirements? Apply anyway.
Candidates who identify as members of historically underrepresented groups in technology and healthcare are highly encouraged to apply. An inclusive and equitable culture is at the heart of our organization. Growing a diverse team is key to understanding our patients better and accomplishing our mission: to make life better for every person and community affected by chronic respiratory disease.We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to building an equitable organization and growing a team with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, each helping us understand our patients better. To do this, we strive to maximize access to every opportunity and cultivate a diverse set of candidates. We aim to provide every member of our team with support, mentorship, and growth opportunities. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, ability status, or any other differences. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. All are welcome here.