Are you passionate about data engineering, and do you want to be a part of data-driven growth at the world’s largest jewelry brand?Build high-quality data and BI products on our Azure Paas data platform
@Pandora, we are growing our Data & Analytics footprint. As our new data engineer, you will collaborate with product owners, architects, and other key profiles across the global organization. You will help business verticals and clusters maximize the value of our data and drive business change as an impact of this.
Your primary focus will be building and implementing scalable data products on our global data platform with other smart engineers in the organization.Further to this, you will:
- Work closely with your colleagues within a product team to design scalable, efficient, and stable products
- Work closely with product owners to build and deliver features designed to support PANDORA to drive commercial business cases and efficiencies within reporting, analytics, and other data-driven use cases.
- Create and maintain high-quality data pipeline architecture
- Obtain relevant business and system knowledge to convert requirements efficiently to technical design documentation and conceptual data modeling
- Ingest large, complex data sets, automate manual processes, optimize data delivery, improve data quality, etc.
- Own your data products and track continuous stability and benefits
- Live and breathe a “build-once-consume-many” culture in which we enable others to use our data products for maximum value-add
- Work with stakeholders and teams to assist with data-related technical challenges
- Follow best practices and existing guidelines but also push the limits
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, and you get motivated by challenges as a true problem solver.
We are on a journey from IaaS-based Microsoft/QV solutions to Azure PaaS using well-known tools and solutions like Azure Databricks, Airflow, Data lake, Synapse, Data Factory, and Power BI.Team Player Passionate About Data And Engineering
You are a real team player, product-oriented, have a can-do attitude, and with good stakeholder management skills. You are structured and analytical, always aiming to achieve great results. Furthermore, you are a confident communicator who can explain your solution design and tailor the message to the audience.You’re perfect for this role if you have the following:
It’s a plus if you have worked with:
- Relevant education in Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, Information Management, or Statistics
- 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a Software engineering role with a focus on data
- Proven experience with Airflow, Databricks, Spark, Python, Kafka, Delta Lake ADF, Data Lake, Synapse, and Power BI
- Strong skills in Python with or another object-oriented or functional/scripting language like Java or Scala
- DevOps and CI/CD focus
- Hands-on with git and coding best practice
- Unit testing
- Experience with data warehousing, data lakehouse, and data modeling
- Experience with handling streaming data through Spark Structured Streaming, Delta Live tables, Azure Streaming Analytics, Apache Flink, or ksqlDB
- Experience in building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures, and datasets
- Experience in working with Azure, AWS, or other cloud providers
- Designed, built, and delivered production-ready data products at an enterprise level
- Highly proficient in English and able to communicate with all levels
- Agile mindset and experience of Scrum
Your new team
- Infrastructure: Kubernetes and Helm; we’re using Airflow running on Kubernetes
- Experience with integrating data pipelines with various APIs, including designing and implementing secure and scalable data integration solutions
You will be essential to the data engineering organization and Pandora’s extended Data & Analytics community. You will work within the data product engineering team in a virtual and agile-based organization.
As we are a growing team, you will be a part of our expansion to our Digital Hub in London located in Marylebone, where you will get to work with fellow Data Engineers, Front-end Engineers, Architects, Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and much more from Europe, India, and Thailand.About Pandora
Pandora designs, manufactures and markets hand-finished jewellery made from high-quality materials at affordable prices. Pandora jewellery is sold in more than 100 countries through 6,800 points of sale, including more than 2,700 concept stores.
Headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark, Pandora employs 27,000 people worldwide and crafts its jewellery at two LEED certified facilities in Thailand using mainly recycled silver and gold. The company plans to be carbon neutral by 2025 and has joined the Science Based Targets initiative to reduce emissions across its full value chain. Pandora is listed on the Nasdaq Copenhagen stock exchange and generated a revenue of DKK 23.4 billion in 2021.
At Pandora, we believe that creating an inclusive and diverse workplace and reflecting societal diversity in our customer engagement is essential to delivering on our company purpose: to give a voice to people’s loves. We dedicate ourselves to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and diversity where everyone feels respected and valued.