Rapiscan Systems, a wholly owned subsidiary of OSI Systems, Inc. designs, manufactures and markets security and inspection systems worldwide. Our products are used to inspect baggage, cargo, people, vehicles and other objects for weapons, explosives, drugs, and other contraband. Rapiscan Systems security and inspection devices can be found in a wide range of locations such as, airports, border crossings, railway stations, seaports and terminals, government and military installations and nuclear facilities. As the world’s leading security screening provider, Rapiscan Systems provides state-of-the-art products, solutions, and services to meet our customers’ most demanding threat detection needs.
Our Advanced Technology team is seeking a proactive senior data scientist to join our multi-disciplined science and engineering team. The successful candidate will develop and implement algorithms and predictive analytics to support the identification of explosives and narcotics using information generated by our state-of-the art trace detection technologies. A very strong candidate will be conversant with predictive analytics, programming languages, applied mathematics, and machine learning. The candidate will support numerous research and development, and test and evaluation projects related to aviation security, forensics, and municipal first responders. The candidate must have the flexibility to balance multiple on-going tasks while operating efficiently with minimal supervision. The candidate will be an active and contributing member of a world-class design team based in Andover, MA.
- Design, implement, and update Machine Learning algorithms to support trace detection technologies.
- Develop, test, and validate Ion Mobility Spectrometry (IMS) and Mass Spectrometry (MS) models based on raw sample data.
- Identify data streams to be monitored by IMS and/or MS
- Collaborate with appropriate technical resources to improve analytical systems and implement the most effective detection algorithms in line with the established business strategies
- Monitor detection algorithm system performance through the utilization of statistical tools, interpret results, and take appropriate corrective action as needed
- Actively participate in seminars, conduct presentations and write technical documents of publishable quality to highlight new and innovative chemometrics applications.
- Network with other technical personnel to keep abreast with relevant areas of chemometric technologies and Machine Learning approaches and leverage technical solutions
- Execute test plans, summarize progress status and results, and prepare presentations and reports to Science and Technology manager and company leaders.
- Uphold the company’s core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with the company’s Code of Ethics and Conduct
- It is the responsibility of every employee to report to their manager or a member of senior management any quality problems or defects in order for corrective action to be implemented and to avoid recurrence of the problem
- Duties may be modified or assigned at any time to meet the needs of the business.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- B.A. or B.S. in a science or engineering discipline or mathematics/statistics with over five years of experience in a data science position
- Understanding of baseline correction, raw data smoothing, enhance peak resolution and experience with peak finding algorithms
- Fundamental knowledge of peak detection frameworks from raw data spectra
- Experience developing classification algorithms
- Proven track record of successfully implementing and evaluating Machine Learning / Deep Learning models and qualifying algorithm performance
- Ability to troubleshoot, optimize and tune performance of ETL process and data visualization
- Strong knowledge of Data Science core software tools and frameworks (i.e. Matlab, Python, Nympy, Pandas, Keras, R, TensorFlow) and data engineering experience.
- Software development experience (using C/C++)
- Proven track record of ability to manage and prioritize assigned tasks/projects simultaneously through communication with engineers/scientists/interns to meet the overall expectations and needs of the company
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Basic knowledge on trace detection of explosives and narcotics
- General knowledge of Ion Mobility Spectrometry and/or Mass Spectrometry
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally and interface with customers and/or regulators
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
OSI Systems, Inc. and its subsidiaries (collectively “OSI”) does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. If any person or entity, including a recruiter or agency, submits any information, including any resume or information regarding any potential candidate, without a signed agreement in place with OSI, OSI explicitly reserves the right to use such information, and pursue and/or hire such candidates, without any financial obligation to the person, recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited information or resumes, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are considered and deemed to be the property of OSI.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability and Veterans
EEO is the Law
Poster Link: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
OSI Systems, Inc. has three operating divisions: (a) Security, providing security and inspection systems, turnkey security screening solutions and related services; (b) Healthcare, providing patient monitoring, diagnostic cardiology and anesthesia systems; and (c) Optoelectronics and Manufacturing, providing specialized electronic components and electronic manufacturing services for original equipment manufacturers with applications in the defense, aerospace, medical and industrial markets, among others.