Business Data Analyst
Are you a passionate leader looking for autonomy and exciting career possibilities?Do you take an energetic and resourceful approach to problem-solving while bringing innovative ideas and analytics to life on behalf of your team and your customers?Do you enjoy effectively translating requirements into an efficient process and/or system solution? If so, DHL Supply Chain has the opportunity for you.
To apply knowledge and analytics to develop and communicate timely, accurate, and actionable insight to the business through the use of modeling, visualization, and optimization. Responsible for the reporting, analyzing, and predicting of operational processes, performance, and Key Performance Indicators. Communication with site leadership, operations, and finance on efficiency, customer requirements, account specific issues, and insight into to the business, operations, and customer.
Applies hindsight, insight, and foresight techniques to communicate complex findings and recommendations to influence others to take action
- Uses knowledge of business and data structure to discover and/or anticipate problems where data can be used to solve the problem
- Uses spreadsheets, databases, and relevant software to provide ongoing analysis of operational activities
- Applies data visualization for discovery and timely insights to decrease Cycle Time to Action (CTA)
- Assists site operations in identifying areas for improving service levels, reducing operational costs, and providing other operational enhancements
- Supports account start-up analysis and/or report implementation as needed
- Develop standardized and ad hoc site and/or customer reporting
- Streamlines and/or automates internal and external reporting
- May investigate and recommend new technologies and information systems
- May conduct feasibility analyses on various processes and equipment to increase efficiency of operations
- Partners with Finance to develop financial models to analyze productivity and payroll; calculates cost benefits and business impact and proposes solutions
- Develops predictive models to help drive decision making
- Designs, develops, and implements data gathering and reporting methods and procedures for Operations
- Responsible for tracking, planning, analysis, and forecasting of storage capacities, inventory levels, equipment and/or labor requirements
- Coordinates with Operations Systems group to ensure technical issues and problems are being identified, addressed, and resolved in a timely manner
- May coordinate with ILD group on issues related to modeling customer solutions, including providing data and relevant insight for customer pursuits
- Responsible for assisting finance and senior leadership in modeling yearly labor budget based on operational and profile changes
Required Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in business, logistics, mathematics, statistics, or related field, required
- 1-3 years of analytics experience, required
Our Organization has a business casual environment and focuses on teamwork, associate development, training, and continuous improvement. We offer competitive wages, excellent affordable insurance benefits (including health, dental, vision and life), 401K plan, paid vacation and holidays.
Our Organization is an equal opportunity employer.