Country: United KingdomWhat You Will Be Doing
This role is offered on a hybrid basis, which can be discussed with the recruitment team during the hiring process.
Join our community.
We have an exciting opportunity within the Data Acquisition/Ingestion Engineering team for a mixed role with Agile and Data Analyst capabilities, high-skilled in AWS Cloud and Big Data work environments, autonomous, flexible and committed.
You are responsible for the end-to-end Data Ingestion, Acquisition and anonymisation to the Santander AWS and Hadoop lakes (Pipeline configuration, with a big focus on Data ingestion, Streaming, data transformation, integration, data exploitation, data modelling and architecture to data governance).The difference you’ll make.
What You’ll Bring.
- This role is critical for our Data Ingestion to lake and Cloud Data Migration journey and will be an important cloud data Engineer as we strategically land our Data and Digital programmes of work.
- You’ll take pride in solving data engineering challenges, such as ingestion of data to our Cloud and on-prem lakes, Automation of Serverless ETL Data Pipeline.
- Working with Data Lakes to achieve our Data acquisition/ingestion, which is made of data storage, Data transformation, streaming, Data classification, Data Quality and controls, Data Governance, Data integration, Data anonymisation etc
- Deliver high quality product and services to exceed customers expectation.
- Data driven approach is at the heart of our transformation through the application of Cloud-Native and Open-source technologies.
It would also be nice for you to have.
- Considerable experience in Agile and Data Analyst for data engineering work environments, or related field with a track record of ingesting, transforming, processing, and extracting value from large volume of datasets.
- Considerable experience in contributing to develop and code end-2-end software solutions and analysis solutions.
- Demonstrable experience as Analyst and Scrum master in engineering and Full Stack SW environments, including Cloud and Big Data.
- Demonstrable AWS or Big Data experience.
What Else You Need To Know.
- Excellent understanding of Analytics tools, Analytics interfaces (Hue, Athena), and Excellent understanding of Agile
- Adopting Agile engineering practices and processes to deliver (Scrum/Kanban, DevOps, CI/CD, BDD/TDD test automation).
- Experience using big data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, HBase, Streaming, etc), experience with highly scalable, distributed systems and data processing of large data sets.
- Experience with SQL (Oracle, Postgres, MySQL, Aurora) and NoSQL (AWS DynamoDB, Hbase, Mongo DB) and Graph Databases (Neo4j, AWS Neptune).
We will be conducting all interviews via telephone or video-conference where possible.
This is a permanent role which is based in Milton Keynes.Everyday Inclusion
At Santander we’re creating a thriving workplace where all colleagues feel they belong and are supported to succeed. We all help to make Santander a workplace that celebrates diversity and attracts, retains and develops the most talented and committed people through living our values of Simple, Personal, and Fair.How We’ll Reward You.
As well as a salary, we offer a wide range of benefits that you can choose from and tailor to your needs.
What To Do Next.
- £500 annual cash allowance to spend on our great range of benefits.
- Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- We put 8% of salary into your pension, even if you don’t contribute yourself. We’ll pay in up to 12.5% of salary, if you contribute as well, and you can take some of our contribution in cash if you prefer.
- 27 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, which increases to 28 days after 5yrs service, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year.
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates. Including: Bupa medical insurance, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments.
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover.
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform including retailers, entertainment, eating out, travel and more.
- Share in Santander’s success by investing in our share plans.
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in, then please apply.
If there’s anything we can do in the recruitment process to help you achieve your best, get in touch. Whether it’s a copy of our application form in another format or additional assistance, we’re available through telephone, email, or face to face. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0870 414 9080.