Swag...everyone loves to receive it
Whether it be welcoming new hires into their dream job, thanking customers for their loyalty, celebrating a community milestone, or engaging event attendees, when done right, swag is the glue that bonds brands together with the people that matter to them.
But no one enjoys putting this stuff together...
The $30 billion branded swag supply chain is a complete mess, filled with too many products, too many intermediaries, too little quality control, and not enough technology.
SwagUp is disrupting the industry by streamlining the end to end supply chain and making it available through a single platform utilizing powerful APIs and interfaces (e.g. dashboard). As the fastest growing swag company, we have made great strides towards our mission of eliminating the friction in the swag creation and distribution process. BUT we've just begun to scratch the surface…
And that's where YOU come in…
SwagUp is on the hunt for a hungry data engineer who can transform data into a useful format for analysis. On day one, you will join our team in designing and building pipelines that will source data from various sources in real-time, store this data, then transform the data into meaningful result sets and build visualizations on top of it for various teams to use for analysis and strategic planning.
The ideal candidate doesn't see themselves as just an engineer; they are also an architect who enjoys building. Data drives the decisions we make everyday at SwagUp. We are looking for an engineer that will be able to understand the data and make actionable recommendations that will set us on the path for success.
- Working with other team members to design, build, and deploy reliable data pipelines.
- Maintaining our existing data pipelines.
- Optimizing our data stores for fast efficient querying for our technology and reporting infrastructure.
- Run standardized queries to extract data from data lakes and other tools.
- Evangelize high quality software engineering practices towards building data infrastructure and pipelines at scale.
- Arbitrate critical decisions correctly considering data best practices, system realities & numerous stakeholders' feedback.
- 3+ years of experience in a Data Engineer and/or BI Developer role, ideally in an e-commerce environment
- Strong SQL skills and knowledge of data warehouse principles & visualization tools
- Experience with data manipulation & processing of large & complex data sources on cloud systems
- Experience with data pipeline & workflow management tools
- Experience with Python, R or Perl
- Experience in statistical models & analysis
- Excellent quantitative and analytical with ability to draw conclusions based on data
- Good understanding of Salesforce
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with quick turnaround
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to provide creative solutions
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Streamline the ingestion of raw data and leverage data into meaningful insight
- Design data models for both optimal storage and retrieval
- Coordinate and collaborate with the internal teams to provide the strategic data needed to drive the business forward
- Goals are a target, but the objective is to exceed them while meeting deadlines
- Wake up each morning proud of the place you work and the amazing companies you get to partner with
- Join the team at a time when you can help shape the future of the company
- Unlimited PTO, we are all adults, you're in control
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Lots of swag!
- A performance culture that rewards results and promotes those that perform, quickly
- Equipment provided to set up a successful work environment
- Engaging Team-building activities to make a remote-first workforce feel connected
- Being part of an organization that truly believes in promoting from within, at SwagUp your growth potential is uncapped!
Salary Range: $75,000 - $90,000
SwagUp welcomes and celebrates talent from all backgrounds and perspectives. Our success is directly correlated to our people, and we believe our team should reflect the diversity of the companies we partner with. As an organization, we strive to foster an inclusive, diverse environment where we all work towards a common goal! #tothemoon