At Silent Eight, we develop our own AI-based products to combat financial crimes that enable things like money laundering, the financing of terrorism, and systemic corruption. We’re a leading RegTech firm working with large international financial institutions such as Standard Chartered Bank and HSBC. Join us and help make the world a safer place!
Our Sr. Data Scientist will design prototype classifiers and problem-solving algorithms. This role will spend about 50% of the time within R&D.
Location: 100% Remote, anywhere in the US
- Learn from Subject Matter Experts (financial crime, machine learning, software architecture and more)
- Work with technologically fluent management, who understand the hardships of data science and software development from experience
- Maintain strong autonomy with no micromanagement
- Set worldwide standards for identifying money laundering and terrorism financing events
- Approach the problem with any solution that works, be it machine learning or otherwise
- Hone your NLP and text analysis skills to a master level
- Communicate the business value of your work
Modern Technology Stack:
- Work methodology: Scrum
- Main technologies: Python 3, SQL,
- Tools used: Flask, Pandas, PySpark, nltk, gRPC, Jupyter Notebooks, Docker
- Build server: Jenkins, GitLab
- Database: PostgreSQL
- Code reviews: GitLab
- Issue tracking tool: Jira
- Knowledge repository: Confluence, Google Drive
- Operating system: Linux
- Freedom to choose tools: Yes
- Python, Pyspark, Pandas; NLP Libraries
- Statistics and machine learning.
- Translate complex, technical concepts into actionable, high-level business ideas
- Linux environment (Bash) and continuous integration will get you extra points
we offer stock as part of the compensation package, so you can share in the company’s success!
You will be co-creating our business solutions
We believe that your feedback allows us to create the best solutions as well as adjusted work culture. You will have a real impact on the growth of the company and the product we develop.
We aren’t your run-of-the-mill tech start-up. At Silent Eight, everyone is a leader in their own field with perspective and experience shared across teams and departments.
Because learning never ends, we empower our employees to invest in themselves. We provide a range of resources such as paid Development Days, in-house training, lunch-and-learns, etc. to make sure our employees are continuing to grow each day. e
Team building events
We know that our success is only possible if we work together as a team. We are a group of passionate individuals united by a common mission. Therefore we like to meet together regularly to connect not just as coworkers, but as human beings, whether it’s at an offsite in Dubai or a weekly “Tea Time” to catch up.
100% remote work forever
We are not new to working remotely. In fact, we’ve been doing it since 2013 and we know how to make you feel supported, connected, and included. We believe that the freedom to choose where you work from is important to finding the journey that is right for you.
Don’t wait! Join our team today!
Silent Eight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
- Please include the following statement in your application:
“I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed by Silent Eight Pte. Ltd. whose registered office is 3 Church Street, Samsung Hub #25-01, Singapore 049712 for purposes of the recruitment process for the position of Senior Data Scientist under the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/WE (General Data Protection Regulation).”
We kindly inform you that the above consents can be withdrawn at any time by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org from the e-mail address provided in your application.
We will continue to hold and process your data for as long as necessary to consider you for employment and for a reasonable period of time as is necessary for document compliance with local laws in the country where the opportunity is located. You can withdraw your consent at any time and we will delete your data unless continued retention is required for compliance documentation. You have the right to access, correct, modify, update, rectify, request for the transfer or deletion of data, withdrawal of consent or objection.
We kindly inform you that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.