swissQuant Group provides quantitative services, consultancy, and products for financial and industrial clients, including a number of global Fortune 500 companies. Our business edge originates from the effective translation of Intelligent Technology into measurable, bottom-line client value. swissQuant Group is a privately held company incorporated in 2005 as a spin-off of ETH Zürich.
We are looking for a machine learning engineer with strong software development skills and experience in industry, to support the Data Technologies team in building scalable data-driven software services for wealth management and healthcare. The role is based in Zurich and the presence in the office is required. You will work in a small team of engineers dedicated to:
- Timely and highest-quality delivery of our software solutions, including proof of capability to address client’s use cases, implementation, and integration into client’s infrastructure
- Developing innovative extensions to swissQuant’s wealth management ecosystem, using data to create value for the client
- Leveraging efficient, large scale data analytics, AI and/or optimization to create new solutions, with focus on finance and healthcare
The team has strong experience in a wide variety of focus topics, including recommendation systems, outlier detection, network analysis and natural language processing. Your role will be to:
- Design architecture and play a key part in software implementation, in close collaboration with the team and other swissQuants
- Apply best practices to ensure scalability and efficiency
- Actively participate in selection of best-fit and implementation of cutting-edge machine learning methodology
Desired Skills and Experience
To be a successful candidate, you must fulfil the following requirements:
- Master or PhD degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Data Science
- At least 3 years of experience in implementing efficient and large-scale data mining/AI solutions
- Proficiency in Python (e.g. Tensorflow, good grasp of PEP coding standards). Java or C knowledge is a plus
- Experience in building REST API applications (e.g. Flask, Swagger)
- Strong knowledge of deployment, testing and continuous integration tools (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Python unit- and testing suites)
- Knowledge of datastores (e.g. SQL or NoSQL) and cloud computing services (e.g. AWS, Google cloud)
- Knowledge of distributed / parallel computing frameworks (e.g. Spark, Dask, Multiprocessing)
- Experience in architecture development and understanding of common design patterns
- Strong analytical thinking
- Strong communication skills in English
swissQuant Group is a fast paced and dynamic company. We offer room for growth and a high level of personal responsibility in a challenging environment. As a successful candidate, you will join the Data Technologies team and take an active part in the development and client-site implementation of new and innovative products linked to real client needs and future industry standards.
Interested? Please upload your cover letter, CV and reference letters in PDF format (please compress in max. 2 attachments).
Only direct applications are considered.