At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can’t wait, and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers and communities. By joining ServiceNow, you are part of an ambitious team of change makers who have a restless curiosity and a drive for ingenuity. We know that your best work happens when you live your best life and share your unique talents, so we do everything we can to make that possible. We dream big together, supporting each other to make our individual and collective dreams come true. The future is ours, and it starts with you.
With more than 7,400+ customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2021 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies®.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people.
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person the ability to have a meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
As we gear towards becoming the defining enterprise software company of the 21st century we believe the successes and value our customers realize with our products and the business transformation ServiceNow enables are key drivers of long-term growth and mutual benefit for all. The Leading Practices organization at ServiceNow defines, captures and publishes the prescriptive guidance that help our customers and partners achieve their desired business outcomes with maximum results. We aim to support our customer in driving adoption, satisfaction, and ultimately realize maximum value from their investment in ServiceNow.
Within the Leading Practices organization, the team of Accelerator Leading Practices is geared to define, capture, and operationalize the business transformation, value realization, and architecture guidance that support the Acceleration offerings of ServiceNow Impact, the Customer Success product suites from ServiceNow.
The Data Scientist – Value & Metrics is a key position within the Leading Practices organization responsible for supporting the definition and buildout of a repository of value realization business outcomes and corresponding metrics, the explanatory documentation, data model requirements, and alignment guidelines for field teams and customer, in collaboration with our internal domain experts and strategists.
This requires a highly focused and structured individual who can instigate and drive change across various parts of the organization and beyond.
What You Get To Do In This Role
You are responsible for setting up and maintaining a repository of Business Transformation Objectives, Value Outcomes, Metrics, and mathematical and technical calculations and queries that enable customers and our field teams to define and calculate Value Realization for their digital transformation journey.
- Collaborate with and across various stakeholder groups to ensure the Value Realization journey is connected and functioning end-to-end; from the definition of the Business Objectives and Outcomes, to the metrics that measure value realization and the metrics that drive value realization, through to the solution implementation- and data model requirements for the Now Platform.
- Create leading practices documentation and enablement collateral that explain the models, outcomes and metric in a clear manner, and that can be consumed by personas with various levels of skill and expertise.
- Support the operationalization and scalability of ServiceNow’s Value Models to customers, both through consultancy supported engagement and self-service by collaborating with the ServiceNow Impact Digital Experience product team.
- Define and build out Accelerator packages (micro-services) for our Impact field teams to support customers with the customization and adaptation of the standard value models to their unique use cases.
- Support Domain experts to translate their domain’s key business objectives into actionable and measurable metrics.
- Engage in strategic internal process improvement initiative to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the stakeholder teams and the portfolio management processes.
- Develop a network of relationships, and collaborate closely, with colleagues across geographies and product lines to ensure consistency across all our products and solutions.
- Collaborate and liaise extensively with the other organizational functions to ensure a consistent customer journey and experience.
- Keep track of ongoing engagements and activities with customers to review the effectiveness of the portfolio.
- Assist in strategic customer meetings providing deep subject matter expertise.
- Provide feedback into the Business Unit for continual improvement of product capabilities, features and interoperability in consideration of customer needs and requirements.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
2+ years of experience as a Data Scientist. Ideally covering topics such as value realization and ROI calculations and the subsequent business alignment and engagement with senior leadership for digital transformation initiatives.
- Experience with, and understanding of, Cloud Platform solutions and digital transformation initiatives.
- Proficiency with, and understanding of, data modeling and query design and query building.
- Strong storyteller, capable of breaking down complex calculations and concepts into understandable language and presentable content.
- Experience with ServiceNow and implementing solutions on the Now Platform is a bonus.
- Understanding of ServiceNow’s Performance Analytics and Reporting solutions is a bonus.
- PhD is a bonus.
- Capable of understanding and defining the bigger picture. This role requires continuous translation between technical capabilities, business outcomes and value, and conceptual standardization.
- Strong negotiation skills to be able to align the high-profile and diverse group of stakeholders within the company, while driving to a common business outcome.
- Self-starter and disciplined
- Ability to learn technology quickly, through instruction and self-training
- Ability to be flexible to work in an international, fast-growing environment
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented people in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional, yet relaxed atmosphere.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at email@example.com for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.