PEMCCO Logistics Services, LLC (PLS) is a local package delivery firm seeking a Data Analyst to develop business reports and dashboards from multiple internal and external sources to positively affect business decisions. The Data Analyst will perform data aggregation and work with management to develop and evaluate key performance indicators.
- Synthesize current business intelligence or trend data to support recommendations for action.
- Use statistical methods to analyze data and generate useful business reports
- Work with management to create a prioritized list of focus areas for each KPI
- Identify and recommend new ways to economize by streamlining business processes
- Use information to create data models that depict trends in operations
- Work with managers to outline the specific data needs for each analysis project
- Maintain or update business intelligence tools, databases, dashboards, systems, or methods.
- Maintain library of model documents, templates, or other reusable knowledge assets.
- Create business intelligence tools or systems, including design of related databases, spreadsheets, or outputs.
- Assist operations personnel as required in daily operations to ensure continuity and function as priority.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Reading Comprehension: Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Active Learning: Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively.
Complex Problem-Solving Skills
- Complex Problem Solving: Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and recommend solutions.
- Programming: Writing computer programs or scripts to effectively analyze, process, and store data as needed.
- Operations Analysis: Analyzing operational needs and product requirements.
- Quality Control Analysis: Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Operation Monitoring: Watching indicators to make sure operations are effective.
- Judgment and Decision Making: Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Systems Analysis: Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Systems Evaluation: Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
Desktop Computer Skills
- Databases: Using a computer application to manage large amounts of information, including creating and editing simple databases, inputting data, retrieving specific records, and creating reports to communicate the information.
- Graphics: Working with pictures in graphics programs or other applications, including creating simple graphics, manipulating the appearance, and inserting graphics into other programs.
- Internet Presentation: Using a computer application to create, manipulate, edit, and display virtual slide presentations.
- Navigation: Using scroll bars, a mouse, and dialog boxes to work within the computer's operating system. Being able to access and switch between applications and files of interest.
- Internet: Navigating the Internet to find information, including the ability to open and configure standard browsers; use searches, hypertext references, and transfer protocols; and send and retrieve electronic mail (e-mail).
- Spreadsheets: Using a computer application to enter, manipulate, and format text and numerical data; insert, delete, and manipulate cells, rows, and columns; and create and save worksheets, charts, and graphs.
- Word Processing: Using a computer application to type text, insert pictures, format, edit, print, save, and retrieve word processing documents
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Data Analysis, Data Science or related field
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Tools & Technology Used
- Printers, scanners, copiers
- Web platform data repositories
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Analytical or scientific software such as R in Eclipse
- Program/Scripting languages such as R, or Visual Basic for Applications
- Desired but not required: Presentation languages for web-based display of data such as: HTML, CSS, VB.Net, ASP.Net, C#.Net, XML, XSLT, etc.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Data analysis education coursework
Compensation is commensurate with skills and experience.
PLS, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.