Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The Data Analyst II within the Enterprise Reporting and Analysis team supports internal clients by maintaining, developing and optimizing data infrastructure, and produces reporting. You’ll be empowered to drive efficiencies supporting data migrations and new reporting functionality, while acting as a consultant business owner ensuring they get the most meaningful information out of their data.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.Primary Responsibilities
- Schedule and/or meet with internal (e.g., Legal; Process Improvement; Finance; senior management) and/or external customers (e.g., external agencies) to gather report requirements and data analysis needs
- Complete functional requirement forms and/or documents to define project parameters, build report requirements, and/or identify potential solutions
- Identify appropriate data sources, report metrics, and tools for providing required information according to clients' requests
- Determine scope of requested work in order to assess resource requirements and create work plans (e.g., time; personnel)
- Demonstrate understanding of reporting requirements for various benefits plans (e.g., health plans; prescription programs; care management programs)
- Demonstrate understanding of relevant business platforms (e.g., SalesForce Breeze; Nexedia; IEX, IVR)
- Demonstrate understanding of business terminology and acronyms in order to accurately interpret customers' requests
- Communicate with third-party vendors (e.g., conduct site visits) in order to gather and/or deliver information needed to complete reports
- Identify relevant stakeholders needed to help define report requirements and resolve issues as needed
- Provide information and/or assistance (e.g., answer questions; provide time estimates) to internal team members to support requirements gathering and planning efforts
- Define and/or ensure that report parameters are established consistent with data governance requirements (e.g., share minimally necessary data)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.Required Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent reporting experience
- 2+ years of general business experience including operational and customer reporting responsibilities
- 2+ years of experience in reporting and analytics
- 1+ years of experience developing strategic relationships with matrix partners with proven success of influencing and partnering to drive enterprise outcomes
- Experience writing optimized SQL queries
- Solid data visualizations skills in tools such as Tableau or Power BI
Careers with Optum.
- Experience using a Customer relationship management (CRM) and reporting out CRM data (e.g. Salesforce)
- Proven adept at understanding complex concepts and situations, including the ability to link strategic direction to day-to-day tactical activities
- Proven effective and persuasive communication skills - both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to successfully influence and drive outcomes without direct authority
Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only:
The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington residents is $67,800 to $133,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
- All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.