As a Data Scientist at IBM, you will help transform our clients’ data into tangible business value by analyzing information, communicating outcomes and collaborating on product development. Work with Best in Class open source and visual tools, along with the most flexible and scalable deployment options. Whether it’s investigating patient trends or weather patterns, you will work to solve real world problems for the industries transforming how we live.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We’re looking for passionate, original thinkers who want to drive progress, grow their network, and further their careers. If you see yourself as someone who never stops learning, who believes no problem is too big to solve, and who wants to unleash their potential, the entry level Associates Program is for you.
To learn more about the Associates Program, visit www.ibm.com/associates and access our Applicant Info Package at www.ibm.biz/AssociatesCanada.
- Graduated (or will be graduating) between 2020 and September 2022
- Have an Associate’s Degree, College Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree, or Master’s Degree (Exception: The Associates Program does not accept MBA or PhD candidates/graduates)
- Have maximum 2 years of full-time, professional work experience
- Are within commuting distance of Toronto/Calgary, with flexibility to travel 80-100% of the time
- Are eligible to work in Canada without current or future need for visa sponsorship
At the very top of your resume, indicate which of the following cities you are willing to remain in and/or relocate to. Kindly note that our incoming Associates are responsible for all costs associated with relocation.
Application Deadline: September 14, 2021 @ 11:59 PM ET
ASSOCIATE DATA SCIENTIST
As an Associate Data Scientist, you’ll use cognitive tools to analyze data and predict trends to make meaningful recommendations to clients. Armed with data, modeling expertise, and analytic results, you’ll formulate conclusions and recommendations to client stakeholders, leveraging strong consulting, communication, visualization, and storytelling skills.
- Communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders to understand and define business needs and translate them to a data science context
- Work in an agile, collaborative environment, partnering with other scientists, engineers, consultants, and database administrators to integrate the latest predictive analytics with enterprise-level application development
- Build teams or write programs to cleanse and integrate data sources in an efficient and reusable manner, resulting in high-quality, clean datasets
- Incorporate a variety of statistical and machine learning techniques on big data, using leading edge tools such as R (ggplot2) and Python (scikit-learn, tensor-flow), combined with IBM tools and AI application suites
- Implement and validate predictive models with the end user, using quick feedback loops to iterate and develop the most usable models for the specific use case
- Deploy and maintain machine learning models using established best practices, allowing the client to consistently gain high value from advanced analytics projects
By applying to this Career Path, you may be considered for any one of these Practices: www.ibm.biz/PracticesHiringDataScientists
REQUIRED PROFESSIONAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
Strong fundamentals in Mathematics and Computer Science (algorithms)
Proficiency in least one or more statistical programming languages (e.g. R, Python, Scala, SAS, SPSS, MATLAB)
Basic understanding of or experience with predictive/prescriptive modeling
Exposure to Cloud (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, IBM Cloud) is an asset
Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions
Ability to thrive in an ever-changing, technology-based consulting environment, using agile development techniques
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Please see job description.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Please see job description.
Must have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Key Job DetailsCountry/Region:CAState:MULTIPLECity:Multiple CitiesCategory:Data ScienceRequired Education:Associate's Degree/College DiplomaPosition Type:Entry LevelEmployment Type:Full-TimeContract Type:RegularCompany:(0026) IBM Canada Limited – IBM Canada LimiteeReq ID:449953BRTravel Required:Up to 100% or 5 days a week (home on weekends – based on project requirements)