Equity and Data Analyst
The most exciting opportunity in Investment Research
Next176 (powered by Old Mutual) is building, investing in, and partnering with ventures to create disruptive and sustainable businesses that impact one billion lives. Under pinned by innovative financial services, the ventures will operate in ecosystems including health, education, jobs, business ownership, sustainability and debt management.
Accelerate your career as an investment analyst by joining a leading fintech and helping expand research coverage on South African consumer-facing companies.
22seven Insights leverages aggregated data from 22seven users to publish differentiated, in-depth analyses on listed and unlisted consumer-facing companies. Our research seeks to directly influence the investment decisions of South Africa’s leading investors and business leaders.
This role offers a unique combination of both data science and fundamental equity research. You will apply your knowledge in fundamental investment analysis, by using your understanding of accounting and capital markets to identify the right questions, and data science, in collaboration with more senior data analysts, to extract answers from 22seven’s unique dataset. You will report directly to the Head of 22seven Insights and work collaboratively on new research projects.
You will join an established and leading fintech with a playful culture and re-energized growth ambitions. A start-up with an established brand, loyal customer base and enormous opportunity.
As part of the data team, you will also gain first-hand exposure to data-driven decision-making that influences 22seven’s internal product decisions.
Your responsibilities will include:
Fundamental equity analyst activities include:
- Co-publish thought leadership research reports that draw on 22seven’s data
- Reporting on key trends in the consumer market
- Synthesise important factors and trends from company-reported results
- Build and maintain financial models for listed companies
As a data analyst, you will:
- Query, clean and filter data for research and business projects
- Analyse large and complex data sets
- Identify trends and patterns in the data
- Build data models
- Present reports on analysis to team and business
The successful candidate for this role will be:
- Able to communicate clearly complex issues to a sophisticated and unsophisticated audience
- Curious about the world around them
- Ambitious and self-motivated, able to work on difficult tasks on their own, while also knowing when to seek assistance
- Passionate about investment markets, demonstrated by evidence of personal trading track record or a genuine interest in current market events
- A quantitative or financial undergraduate degree
- At least 2+yrs of university-level accounting or CFA level 1
- Intermediate knowledge of Python and SQL for data science applications
- To apply, CLICK on the link and send us your CV together with your academic transcript