Are you a data savvy person, and are you keen to play a vital role in realizing Arla´s strategies for growth? Then this is your chance! As a consequence of Arla´s new commercial strategy we are manning up and are searching for a Data Scientist in join our European Net Revenue Management (NRM) Centre of Excellence to be responsible for how we use data and advanced analytics algorithms to uncover important trends and relationships in a commercial context, and turn them into actionable insights that drive our business forward. Join us, and boost your career in a dynamic and global FMCG company!
About the job
The European NRM Centre of Excellence (CoE) is accountable for achieving ambitious growth and profitability aspirations across the European Zone. As a Data Scientist in this team you will have an operational role, where you will be involved in the analytics of NRM across the markets and developing the tools & models with your fellow team members. In particular, you will be the expert in understanding the opportunities and challenges with our data.
This role enables you to build a broad understanding of different data foundations and develop them into actionable tools and insights.
As a part of the NRM CoE team you will:
- Work with the process of translating business objectives into problems that can be solved by applying data science
- Design, optimize, and productize advanced analytics algorithms to address these problems
- Translate modelling results into actionable business insights by using visualization tools (e.g., Power BI) and other presentation tools
- Perform exploratory data analysis, generate and test working hypothesis, and uncover important trends and relationships
- Ensure data and deliverable quality, maintain high-quality code and documentation. Ensure efficiency, stability and scalability of the solution
- Constantly work on improvement of existing models and development of new ones
Who are you?
The ideal candidate has two years of hands-on experience in using advanced analytical techniques to solve practical problems from prototyping to business impact. However, we will also consider recent graduates with relevant studies and internships. You have a university degree with a focus on quantitative methods/econometrics/statistics/mathematics or similar, combined with strong IT skills.
In addition, we are looking for candidates who possess with the following:
- Strong analytical skills utilising data from various sources to provide insights necessary for making data-driven decisions
- Experience with Python and/or R and SQL
- Highly numerate with excellent problem-solving skills – you need to display a growth mindset looking to find and implement solutions
- Ability to manipulate and interpret complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources (Nielsen, SAP, Retailer ePOS; both structured and unstructured data)
- Solid Excel skills
- Understanding of relational databases such as Oracle, SQL Server etc.
- Strong data visualization skills in Power BI or similar
- Preferred: Experience with Databricks
What do we offer?
You will join a truly international, passionate and result oriented team as we embark on an ambitious growth journey over the next five years. If you want to help defining the future of Arla, join a team where each of us has a critical role to play and where we work together to unlock the growth potential across markets. We work smart, embrace new ideas and innovations, and personal and professional development is a constant requirement in our fast-paced world.
Application and contact
Please apply as soon as possible as we process applications on an ongoing basis. If you have any specific questions about the role that are important before sending your application you can reach out to Head of Net Revenue Growth Management, Tuomas Penttinen, at +45 9131 1363.
We have a purpose for Good
At Arla, we strive to unlock the highest potential in each other while working together to create a sustainable future of dairy. We call it Stronger People Stronger Planet and it is deeply anchored in our organisation and founded on our commitment to respecting human rights, increasing access to healthy dairy nutrition, inspiring good food habits, and improving the environment for future generations. In order to succeed we need to hire people with a sustainable mindset. Could this be you?