About the Role
As a Data engineer, you will shape and build infrastructure that ingests sub-millisecond sensor data as well application logs generated on-premise and makes it available to cloud data consumers with real-time performance. You will design, implement, and optimize the performance of distributed data platforms (distributed systems) spanning from the edge to the cloud with security, reliability and network constraints in mind.
The Data group at Dexterity is designing one of the most distributed data infrastructures on the planet. Our charter is to build a platform that connects the world’s warehouses, spanning from the edge devices to the cloud.
With a growing number of robots deployed across the world, Dexterity’s robots collect terabytes of operational data at the edge which is used to improve our operations as well as that of our customers. Our data platform ingests raw robotic sensor data, video/ still image feeds, along with a variety of log data while handling considerations like low-bandwidth connections. We extensively utilize cutting edge collection and transformation tools to unlock the potential from our data. We are looking for talented engineers to shape and build the next generation of the data engineering pipelines to bridge the divide between edge and the cloud.
At Dexterity, we believe robots can positively transform the world. Our breakthrough technology frees people to do the creative, inspiring, problem-solving jobs that humans do best by enabling robots to handle repetitive and physically difficult work.
We’re starting with warehouse automation, where the need for smarter, more resilient supply chains impacts millions of lives and businesses around the world. Dexterity's full-stack robotics systems pick, move, pack, and collaborate with human-like skill, awareness, and learning capabilities. Our systems are software-driven, hardware-agnostic, and have already picked over 15 million goods in production. And did we mention we’re customer-obsessed? Every decision, large and small, is driven by one question – how can we empower our customers with robots to do more than they thought was possible?
Dexterity is one of the fastest growing companies in robotics, backed by world-class investors such as Kleiner Perkins, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Obvious Ventures. We’re a diverse and multidisciplinary team with a culture built on passion, trust, and dedication. Come join Dexterity and help make intelligent robots a reality!
Day to Day Activities
- Design, implement, and optimize the data pipelines for real time analytics and metrics collections
- Architect and design the data pipelines for AI/ ML heavy workloads in mind in order to extract crucial insights from the data
- Work with product teams across the company to identify the needs of data and build out features
- Have a good knowledge of SQL, data modeling and distributed systems like Spark, Hadoop, or kafka.
- Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or related practical experience.
- Experience in data engineering, data processing at scale and basic algorithm related solutions.
- Experience in Java, Python, or C/C++, or Scla.
- Hands-on experience developing distributed systems or other large-scale systems.
- Experience with data infrastructure technologies like Spark, Kafka or Elastic search or HDFS, distributed tracing etc.
- Experience with deploying solutions both on an on-premise systems and on public cloud platform.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.