Leidos is seeking a Data Engineer who wants to work on a new agile DevSecOp project in an IC DoD customer space. Leidos is building a new team to develop new structure and applications for our customer. We are looking for a collaborative and forward leaning individual who wants to tackle challenges and be a part of creating innovative solutions. In return, Leidos will invest in you with a new enhanced leave plan, generous 401k, and training to name just a few great benefits. Ready to tackle your next challenge - then we want you on our team.
This role ensures high quality data is available for use by other team members. This role designs, implements, and maintains standard data interfaces for data ingest including Extract/Transform/Load (ETL) methodology and implementation, Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), RESTful Web Services, data quality, and data cleansing. This role collaborates across a team of Data Scientists, Data Engineers, and Data Administrators to produce work products. This role serves in a position of leadership over critical objectives where decision making is of utmost concern to the outcome.
- Ensure high quality data is available for use by other team members in the IC DoD customer space.
- Design, implement, and maintain standard data interfaces for data ingest including Extract/Transform/Load (ETL) methodology and implementation, Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), RESTful Web Services, data quality, and data cleansing.
- Design and develop methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze structured and unstructured, diverse sources including “big data” sources.
- Develop and use advanced software programs, algorithms, query techniques, model complex business problems and automated processes to cleanse, integrate, and evaluate data sets.
- Collaborate across a team of Data Scientists, Data Engineers, and Data Administrators to produce high quality data related work products.
- Analyze requirements and evaluate technologies for data science capabilities including Natural Language Processing (NLP), Machine Learning (ML), predictive modeling, statistical analysis and hypothesis testing.
- Work with cross-discipline teams to ensure connectivity between various data sources and business solutions.
- Negotiate complex scenarios and challenges and devise courses of action to resolve situations related to data quality with predictable outcomes.
- Serve in a position of leadership over major technology assignments and critical objectives where decision making is of utmost concern to the outcome.
- Develop information tools, algorithms, dashboards, and queries to monitor and improve business performance for delivering quality data to the customer.
- Maintain awareness of emerging analytics and big-data technologies.
- May mentor and supervise others.
- Expert knowledge for providing high quality data to customers bolstered with significant experience and advanced education and training. Experience within his/her field includes extensive accomplishments, recognition by peers, training, and/or certifications directly related to the discipline; may include recognition within the technical community as an expert or leader in his/her field.
- Ability to apply a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments for design, implementation, and maintenance of data systems and data with the goal of providing high quality data for IC DoD customers.
- Expert technical knowledge of advanced software programs, algorithms, query techniques, modeling complex business problems, and automated processes to cleanse, integrate, and evaluate data sets to include Natural Language Processing (NLP), Machine Learning (ML), predictive modeling, statistical analysis, hypothesis testing, emerging analytics, and big-data technologies.
- Ability to analyze requirements and evaluate technologies for data science capabilities.
- Experience in collaborating with teams of Data Scientists, Data Engineers, and Data Administrators to produce high quality data related work products.
- Experience in positions of leadership, establishing goals and plans where decision making is of utmost concern to the outcome of critical objectives.
- Experience in developing information tools, algorithms, dashboards, and queries to monitor and improve business performance.
- Experience mentoring, supervising, and managing team members.
- The candidate must have a minimum of a Master's degree with 15-20 years of experience; or a Doctorate with 13-16 years of experience. Years of experience may be used in lieu of degree.
US Citizenship is required.
TS/SCI with Poly required.
- Doctorate with 13-16 years of experience.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.