Location: Melbourne, United States of America
Thales people architect solutions that enable two-thirds of planes to take off and land safely. We create in-flight entertainment systems that engross 50 million fliers every year and we develop the avionics that control the world’s largest commercial aircrafts. Our simulators train the next generation of pilots for fighter jets, transporters and search and rescue helicopters. And, together, each and every member of our aerospace team makes a difference.
When you rely on airlines to connect you in flight, you rely on Thales. In an increasingly fast paced world, we make the unpredictable, predictable by connecting and entertain passengers to make your life better. Combining a diversity of talents, we master the decisive moments that matter to passengers and airlines. Whatever it takes.
As a Principal Data Scientist, you will analyze product, quality of experience and business problems using analytics. You must demonstrate critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving abilities, hands-on intelligence led data analysis skills, and network analysis acumen. You will be an individual contributor in a high visibility role, positioning you to deliver high impact at Thales Inflyt Experience Digital engineering team and challenging you with learning opportunities that will help you grow and accelerate your career.
You should have experimentation, metric & data creation, and data visualization skills as well as excellent communication skills to interface between technical, product and operations teams.
Essential Functions / Key Areas of Responsibility
Principal Data Scientist, to lead a team of data engineers, and front-end software engineers to conduct advanced analytics and problem-solving abilities on big data.
· Conduct analysis of large datasets and track Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that will provide insight on our product services performances.
- Define metrics, build and utilize dashboards, self-service tools to help measure and report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Develop and leverage innovative features and algorithms to drive down false positives and conduct data mining / query functions across relational or big data databases utilizing various data science tools and methods.
- Mentor and partner with data engineers to help inform, build and test hypotheses, delivering insights to our business and product teams.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of solution architects, product owners, system engineers, and DevOps on how data analytics collectively integrate within the sub-system functions as well as coordinate and contribute to overall product solutions.
- Work closely with stakeholders across the organization to understand and synthesize needs and collaborate on the short- and long-term goals of the business.
- Be an advocate of data-informed decision-making, providing recommendations on product performance and experience.
·Partner with user research to combine qualitative and quantitative insights.
- Bachelor in field of computer science
- Minimum 9 years’ experience; OR equivalent degree.
- 5+ years of experience working with agile development teams and using data science tools and methods
· Excellent research and analytical skills, business acumen, strategic and creative thinking, project leadership skills and multi-tasking capabilities
· Excellent SQL skills using tools like Teradata, MS SQL, MySQL.
- Experience with tools such as Trifacta, Apache NiFi, Apache Spark, as well as cloud hosted solutions (like AWS Spark EMR & Databricks) and programming languages such as Python.
· Experience with graph theory / network science analysis and tools.
- Hands-on on various statistical models & possess excellent experience.
- Ability to analyze large sets of complex data, draw meaningful conclusions, and make business recommendations based on analysis
- Excellent communication, relationship building and storytelling skills, communicating concepts and ideas in different formats
- Ability to operate effectively and autonomously across multiple teams in situations of ambiguity, with only high-level direction.
- Master degree in field of computer science
- A strategic problem solver with strong communication and presentation abilities. You are able to distill complex information into easy-to-understand concepts.
- Influence on how senior leaders across an organization reason around problems, opportunities and products.
· You have experience combining UX and data driven design to drive product / business decisions.
- Experienced at working with data and insights to understand and measure your work.
- You know what makes a great experience for our users and love partnering with design, insights and engineering to turn a vision into reality.
- Experience with managing an analytical team or working in a cross functional task force.
Travel: 25% or less domestically; <10% International if required by the business
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture. We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law If you need an accommodation or assistance in order to apply for a position with Thales, please contact us at email@example.com.