The day to day of a Junior Data Scientist is to work with the whole Data Science team to ensure that projects are delivered on time, within scope and are high value for our clients.
- Interpreting analytical output and developing recommendations to feedback to the lead data scientist working on the account
- Identify, define, develop, and deliver the right analytical and machine learning solutions for our clients playing back this information to the wider team internally at Edit
- Raise questions and query on any briefs we have received into the team and support the data scientist on identifying potential solutions
- Develop internal relationships and represent the Data Science team during internal meetings
- Contribute to the Data Science profile, within Edit & Kin & Carta
- Spot analytical opportunities to proactively develop next steps and proposals for our current clients
- Help tell a story from the data and visualise the data in a way which is easier for clients to understand and action
- Ability to think outside the box, be creative and think about new ways to tackle the analysis
- Ability to produce real insight from the data and recommend actions on the back of them
- Ability to confidently playback the analysis to the clients
What we're looking for
- A solid understanding (with some experience of implementation) of classification, regression, statistical methodologies and machine learning/data science applications (e.g. Random Forest, XGBoost, time series forecasting)
- Proficiency in either Python or R coding languages
- Confidence in delivering presentations and building relationships with internal stakeholders across the organisation
- Strong problem-solving skills with a logical mind
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrable experience of communicating confidently at all levels of the organisation
- Highly motivated and consistently takes initiative
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and under supervision
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to interpret analytical output and develop recommendations to the client
- Active interest in development of own skillset as well as peers
- An ability to answer the “so what” to any project, ensuring that the client gets actionable insights at all times from a project delivered.
We offer an environment that's fun, supportive, and nurtures curiosity. Our benefits package includes a pension, life assurance, flexible working, wellness reward programmes, critical illness cover, and private healthcare.
We are committed to cultivating a culture of inclusion and actively celebrate diversity, so welcome applicants from all minority and ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQ+ candidates, and candidates with disabilities (please let us know if you require assistance at any stage to accommodate your needs).
If you are passionate about the role and great at what you do, then we would love to hear from you! Simply click the 'Apply' button or for further information, contact our People Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.